4 people are interested
AutismTN Virtual Support Group Facilitators
ORGANIZATION: ASMT, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
AutismTN Volunteer Virtual Support Group Facilitator
Autism Tennessee is seeking volunteer support group facilitators to create a safe, and open environment where individuals/parents/caregivers can share their experiences, thoughts, and feelings. The goal of our support group is to empower participants, provide emotional, social and/or educational support to group members. Facilitators will be charged with the responsibility of guiding group members in healthy discussions. The group will meet in-person and/or a virtual setting.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position.
What You Will Do:
- Facilitates group discussions and encourages group members to share their autism-related experiences.
- Schedule regular support group meetings
- Encourage participation and provide focus and guidance for group discussions
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the individual needs of each group member
- Develop and support the activities of the group
- Provide crisis intervention and refer group members to AutismTN resources during group meetings, as needed.
- Maintain paperwork specific to the support group management (attendance, group notes, activities, etc.)
- Works to build a community among group members
- To liaise between AutismTN staff and group participants
- To provide information about the group and AutismTN services.
If you are interested in volunteering, complete our volunteer interest form - https://form.asana.com/?k=FhCYkPzk2Ew-zAwieZSc6Q&d=1173034573252068
About ASMT, Inc.
On The Avenue, 2607Winford Avenue, Nashville, TN 37211, US
Our mission is to support and advocate for individuals on the autism spectrum so they can live their lives with maximum independence. To support their families, and their surrounding community through support, advocacy, and education.
Autism Tennessee is a non-profit organization serving the approximately 35,000 individuals and families diagnosed with autism in Middle Tennessee.
The vision of Autism Tennessee is to create a community where people on the autism spectrum and their families find respect, and acceptance. Our mission is to support and advocate for individuals on the autism spectrum so they can live as independently as they wish. To support and advocate for their families, and communities so as to create communities that are accepting of autism. For over 19 years, Autism Tennessee has provided information, support, and referrals to the autism community.
Autism Tennessee works with families to turn heartache to hope. One out of every 68 children born today will be diagnosed with autism. By investing in Autism Tennessee, families and the community are better equipped to create an inclusive culture. The only funding to support Autism Tennessee comes from individual donors, corporations, and grants. We hope you’ll consider being one of our community partners and helping to make a difference in the life of a family affected by autism.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 28, 2022
- Group Facilitation
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- 1-2 hours/month
- 1 year commitment