2 people are interested
Legacy Line - contacting war widows
ORGANIZATION: Sydney Legacy
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Legacy is a charity providing services to Australian families dealing with life after the injury or death of a spouse or parent, during or after their defence force service. We support over 43,000 families across Australia.
We are seeking volunteers to join Legacy Line, a phone service providing social and welfare support to socially isolated Legacy clients, launching mid March 2022.
- Make calls to clients as outlined on call sheets provided
- Update details on client records (online database)
- Add notes to client record at the completion of the call
- Make referrals to internal Legacy services (where required)
We would love to hear from you if you can:
- demonstrate strong communication and listening skills
- show empathy and have a non-judgemental attitude
- demonstrate a good level of computer literacy
- volunteer for at least 1 shift per week (full day or half day available)
- have Community Service experience (desirable)
Being a Legacy Line Volunteer will offer you the opportunity to:
- develop your practical support skills
- experience personal growth and development
- improve your communication skills
- give back to the community
- pursue further career opportunities in this area
- Covid-19 vaccination
- National Police Certificate
- Working with Children Check
Legacy Line runs Monday to Friday from 10am - 3pm. Volunteers will initially work from the Legacy office (Sydney city), with the opportunity to later work from home.
If you want further information or to apply, please send your resume to Demetra - email@example.com
About Sydney Legacy
Level one 47 York St, SYDNEY, NSW 2000, AU
Legacy supports the partners and children of veterans. Legacy supports the partners and children of veterans who have seen their loved ones leave our shores to serve in wars from World War 1 and World War 2, to Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. Many never made the journey home and others returned bearing the physical and mental scars of war.
Legacy offers programs and services aimed at providing social, financial and developmental support. Some of these services look different depending on the individual and their circumstances. Our work focuses on ensuring all needs are met as best as possible, providing for young families and children, ageing and vulnerable widows as well as dependants with a disability.
Level one 47 York StSYDNEY, 2000Australia
March 29, 2022