DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Board of Directors
ORGANIZATION: EARTH HACKS FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
How to apply: Email Board Chair Kyle Gracey - email@example.com - with your resume and a cover letter addressing the Responsibilities, Duties and Qualifications in this Position Description
Our board of dedicated professionals come from a variety of disciplines. Not only do you not have to have a programming background to join our Board (nor an alum of our organizing teams or hackathons), we highly encourage applicants from non-technical fields. Board Members are expected to contribute to the operations of the organization through committee work and special projects. This could include governance, donor cultivation, or social media strategy.
About Earth Hacks
The Earth Hacks Foundation (Earth Hacks)’s mission is to empower hackers to generate innovative, actionable solutions to pressing environmental problems. Earth Hacks seeks to break down barriers between fields of inquiry and bring together students from all disciplines to rapidly generate solutions to pressing environmental problems using the hackathon innovation model. We will pursue and advocate for transformative solutions that enable individuals to contribute to the global fight against climate change, demonstrating the potential that curious, motivated students have to change the world.
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board is responsible for:
- evaluating the performance of the Executive Director
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization’s budget, programs and services
- enhancing the organization’s public image
- ensuring Earth Hacks’ commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflect the communities Earth Hacks serves
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, which are scheduled for 1 hour every two months
- Be familiar with Earth Hacks’ mission, vision and strategic plan
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for Earth Hacks
- Fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships Necessary for Earth Hacks to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- Consider Earth Hacks a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Earth Hacks can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Earth Hacks expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity
- Participate fully in one or more committees, task forces or officerships
- Passion for sustainability, technical problem solving, and Earth Hacks’ mission to develop tangible solutions to the climate crisis through student-led hackathons
- Expertise in at least one of the following skill sets:
- connections/credibility with corporations (especially engineering and technical sustainability fields), foundations and/or major donors who could provide direct or in-kind financial support to Earth Hacks
- fundraising experience, especially donor cultivation, corporate sponsorship and/or grant writing
- financial management and/or bookkeeping
- If you feel that you have expertise outside of this list that could benefit Earth Hacks, please elaborate in your application
- Technical competency using software such as Slack, Zoom, Google Suite
Commitment to Diversity
We do not discriminate in our selection on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age or economic background. Further, we strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented identities to apply, including identities not explicitly named above. If there are any considerations or qualifications not acknowledged in our application that you feel are important and relevant to this position, we encourage you to bring them to light in your application.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About EARTH HACKS FOUNDATION
2093 PHILADELPHIA PIKE #5813, CLAYMONT, DE 19703, US
Earth Hacks works with college students and organizations to host environmental hackathons focused on creating innovative, equitable, and just solutions to the climate crisis.
Earth Hacks was started in 2018 to harness the power of hackathons to develop student-driven solutions to the climate crisis. Traditionally, hackathons are essentially fun programming competitions, where students compete against their friends and learn new skills while creating technical solutions to technical challenges presented at the beginning of the event. We believe that everyone, from engineers to English majors, brings a unique and necessary skill set to the climate crisis. Environmental problems are everyone's problems, and we welcome students from all backgrounds to join. We work directly with students and organizations who want to mitigate their environmental anxiety and actually act on it, and run environmental hackathons to create a starting point for environmental innovation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 27, 2022
- Reporting & Dashboards
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Up to 10 hours per month on average. Duration: 2 year commitment, with the opportunity for additional terms based on performance