12 people are interested
Social Media Content Creator
ORGANIZATION: The Discovery Shop
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Non-profit, boutique style resale shop looking for someone (or a few people) to help us build our brand on our social media platforms- specifically TikTok and IG. We have some ideas and are open to new ideas. It's a busy shop so we just don't have the time to keep up and thought this may be a great opportunity for someone to work on their branding skills while giving back to the community! We would want you to come into the shop to record content like volunteers working in the shop, improv skits, video of the shop etc.
We are part of The American Cancer Society and all of our net proceeds go to cancer research!
1 More opportunity with The Discovery Shop
About The Discovery Shop
2460 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90064, US
Discovery Shop locations help support the fight against cancer through the sale of high-quality, gently used, donated merchandise. For more than 50 years, ACS has owned and operated these specialty resale stores, featuring items such as clothing, accessories, jewelry, artwork, antiques, collectibles, furniture, and other household items. For all Discovery Shop locations, please visit: cancer.org/discovery Across nationwide shop locations, Discovery Shop offers flexible customer service and multiple other volunteer opportunities that work with your schedule. Volunteer and help the American Cancer Society save more lives!
Volunteer responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide customer service
- Meet with merchandise donors and process donations for the sales floor
- Visual merchandising on sales floor and window displays
- Record keeping
- Online research
- Social media support
Qualifications vary and include the following:
- Volunteers and with prior Discovery Shop or ACS experience as volunteers or staff
- Familiarity with Discovery Shop operations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to complete responsibilities on own
Requirements of the job:
- Minimum of one, four-hour time commitment a week is preferred and required to benefit from the 20% volunteer discount
- Discovery Shop policy and procedures training and adherence
- Person-to-person orientation at local Discovery Shop
2460 Overland AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90064
March 16, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 16
- Days and times flexible. The shop is open Mon-Sat, 10a-5p.