Development Committee Volunteers Needed
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Nature Connection
The Nature Connection’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of individuals and communities through the therapeutic use of nature. Founded in 1983 and based out of Concord, Massachusetts, The Nature Connection provides accessible, therapeutic nature-based programing for those with limited access to the outdoors (youth at-risk, children and adults with disabilities, and elders (including those with dementia/Alzheimer’s)) in Greater Boston and Middlesex County. The Nature Connection supports the wellbeing of individuals and communities by providing access to the many benefits of nature through interactions with plants, animals, and natural materials.
The Nature Connection is looking for volunteers to join our Development Committee that can dedicated 2-4 hours a month (including a monthly meeting) on an on-going basis (12 months+). The ideal committee member will have experience and a passion for networking and fundraising.
The Development Committee is responsible for facilitating the achievement of all of The Nature Connection philanthropic/fundraising efforts to ensure sustainability and growth in alignment with The Nature Connection Strategic Plan. These include the following tasks:
- Review and advise ED & Dir of Dev regarding the annual Development Plan including calendar, strategies and charitable contribution goals for multiple fundraising audiences (i.e., Grants, Government, Corporations, Individual Donors, Board Members, and Events)
- Monitor performance against goals throughout the year and report to Board
- Develop contingency plans as needed to ensure goals are achieved
- Provide leadership & direction to the Board on increasing outreach, ticket sales, sponsorships, and attendance at events
- Continually seek to grow the Committee to optimize outreach
- Learn and report on best practices for all fundraising efforts
- Foster a philanthropic culture within the organization, while nurturing a similar appreciative spirit with all supporters outside the organization
- Identify and utilize the strengths of all individual Board Members, Staff and Volunteers in NC’s philanthropic/fundraising efforts
- Attendance at, at least 80% monthly development committee meetings (via zoom)
- 2-4 hours per month with a flexible schedule
- Experience with networking, fundraising, and/or non-profit finances
Development committee members report to the Development Committee Chair. This is not a paid position.
Please send an email with the subject line Development Committee with resume attached to Taylor Eagan at email@example.com explaining your interest and qualifications. (Why are you interested in volunteering with The Nature Connection? Why would you be a good fit for this position?)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Concord, MA 01742
March 25, 2022