11 people are interested
Accounting/Grants and Data Intern
ORGANIZATION: Open Door Legal
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Building universal access to justice is not easy; it requires accurate and transparent financial information that can be easily reported to funders and to internal teams. Without this information, it would be very difficult for stakeholders to truly understand how impactful and cost-effective our work is.
Accounting for nonprofits is like accounting in three dimensions. Grants and restrictions need to be tracked. Budgets need to be produced for different teams, timeframes, and cost allocations. Invoices, donations, and receivables all need to be tracked and accounted for in a timely manner. Costs need to be tracked, audited, and approved. Without all this work happening behind the scenes, cashflow suffers, and ultimately clients aren’t served.
- Logging donation data and expense coding to our sub-ledgers (Salesforce, Brex etc.)
- Updating all W9 information for our vendors and assist with tracking Vendor W-9 forms and 1099 prep
- Assist with month-end close activities
- Assist with semiannual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assist with Grants and Data
- Have an inherent interest in not-for-profit/ fund accounting.
- Completed basic accounting classes in college
- Focus, grit and attention to details
- Proficiency with MS Excel
Ideal start date: mid May-early June
Apply online at opendoorlegal.org/volunteer or email email@example.com.
About Open Door Legal
4634 3rd St., San Francisco, CA 94124, US
Open Door Legal is pioneering universal access to civil legal representation and showing that when everyone has access to the law, poverty can be dramatically reduced.
"It always seems impossible until it’s done." - Nelson Mandela
We believe that even the biggest problems can be broken down into small, achievable steps. Poverty and access to justice are part of the same problem. And to solve this, we just need to discover what the steps are.
At Open Door Legal, we’re pioneering the country’s first system of universal access to civil legal representation to dramatically reduce poverty and prove that the law really can belong to all of us.
To achieve this ambitious goal, we’ve created an award-winning and best-in-class legal aid organization full of passionate, dynamic, gritty, quixotic, and team-oriented people.
We believe that injustice is the heart of poverty and we're looking for someone to join us in having a systemic impact on how we, as a society, ensure justice for all.
60 Ocean AveSan FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94112
March 24, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Must be at least 18
- 40 hours/week for 6-8 weeks over the summer
- This opportunity is good for an under grad or recent grad student.