Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Sierra Club - Massachusetts ChapterAbout the Sierra Club
Founded by legendary conservationist John Muir in 1892, the Sierra Club is now the nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization - with more than 2.7 million members and supporters. Our successes range from protecting millions of acres of wilderness to helping pass the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act. More recently, we've made history by leading the charge to move away from the dirty fossil fuels that cause climate disruption and toward a clean energy economy. Here in Massachusetts, we have an over 45-year legacy of protecting the environment with successful legislative, advocacy, and educational campaigns.Purpose of Position
- To provide oversight of the finances for the Massachusetts Chapter Political Action Committee (PAC)
- With support from the Election Law Compliance Officer, to ensure compliance with Massachusetts election law
- To communicate and promote adherence to all Sierra Club policies and procedures that relate to Political Action Committees
- To communicate changes in financial policies and procedures to volunteers and staff.
- Complete and submit year-end financial reports as necessary
- Report the Chapter's financial status to the Executive Committee at least quarterly. Ensure that financial decisions are recorded accurately in meeting minutes and financial data are available for review. Enable a review of the year-end reports for the Chapter and its entities. Submit the results of the review to the Executive Committee for approval.
- Ensure timely bookkeeping data entry in financial system and reconcile bank statements monthly. Ensure that all expenditures are documented adequately. Manage cash flow to avoid becoming delinquent in paying financial obligations.
- For audit purposes, maintain records for 10 years in both printouts and digital formats.
- Help to ensure your successor has the necessary training to make the transition as easy as possible.
Please note: this is an unpaid volunteer position.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
50 Federal Street3rd FloorBoston, MA 02110
March 24, 2022