Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: UK Youth Climate Coalition
If you are enthusiastic about building a strong, broad, intersectional youth climate movement to fight for climate justice, then we are looking for YOU! We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, LGBTQIA+ candidates, individuals from marginalised genders, disabled people and people of faith, although ALL applications will be considered on their own merit.
Who are we?
UKYCC is a youth-led organisation which mobilises and empowers young people to take positive action for global climate justice.
We are looking for people who share this vision. You don’t have to be a climate science expert or a protester (though we like those people too!). UKYCC is a space to learn and grow, to meet people who share your passion and develop new skills and confidence to take on challenges.
Most of the time we work remotely - so whether you live in a rural area, urban area, or at your Mum’s house, we want you! The more diverse our members are, the wider range of skills we can encompass, and the more stories we can share as UK youth.
You can find out more about us on our website, or through ours ocial media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok!
What teams could you join?
When you join UKYCC you’ll be joining one of our great teams:
- The Communications Working Group is the voice of UKYCC and creatively projects our message of climate justice using social media, blogs, videos, pitching to journalists and of course, memes.
- The Community Working Group tackles climate change at the local level through community based education, supporting local initiatives and speaking at public events.
- The Systems Change Working Group organises campaigns and actions around climate and social justice, with the aim of radically reimagining oppressive systems and building climate justice utopias.
- The COP Working Group focuses on preparing for our annual attendance at the United Nations Conference of the Parties negotiations alongside working on international climate political processes and networking with international youth. Ensuring a youth voice is strongly represented in these discussions is essential, as these negotiations will help to decide our future.
- The Operations Working Group keeps UKYCC going day-to-day by leading on fundraising, managing our finances and general organisational concerns. We ensure that UKYCC is running as smoothly as possible.
When you first join UKYCC, you will join just one working group but will have the option to switch and join others afterwards. If you’re interested in the Operations working group, you will also join one another working group as Operations only meets once a month and does not run any of its own campaigns.
How to apply
- Head to our website to fill in our application form and anonymous equality and diversity monitoring form by midnight on 1st April 2022.
- We will contact you within two weeks of the application deadline to let you know whether you have made it through to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to limited resources we may not be able to take on everyone who applies.
- Our successful applicants will join UKYCC by June.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
8a Delancey PassageLondon, NW1 7NNUnited Kingdom
March 23, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK