Drive for Blood Drives! Deliver lifesaving supplies!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross in Eastern New York
Do you love a day on the road? Do you thrive on-the-go? Be a part of the Red Cross team that fills an ongoing need for blood by making sure supplies arrive at the destinations where they are needed most.
POSITION TITLE: Transportation Specialist
-To safely transport blood from collection sites to the lab for processing and/or deliver blood or blood products to hospital customers.
-Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary.
-Deliver supplies to blood collections sites as needed.
-Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary.
TIME COMMITMENT: Roughly 5 hours per month, depending on the route you pick.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
· Willingness to carry vaccination card to work assignments, per hospital requirements
· Valid state driver's license and 3 years of licensed driving experience
· Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
· Safe driving record (Note: An MVR check will be completed as a part of the interview process)
· Current insurance and state registration if using personal vehicle
· Ability to lift 45 lbs.
· Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (Age, license, etc):
· Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
· American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course
· Transportation Specialist Guidebook Training
· Volunteer Connection scheduling training and tutorial
· On the job training
The following counties are served by the Syracuse Red Cross Transportation Office:
Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence
Still have questions? email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Liverpool, NY 12205
March 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH