32 people are interested
Staff Manager for growing nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: Educate. Radiate. Elevate.
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is a startup nonprofit in its 3rd year of operation. We currently have ~150 remote staff (including members of the Board and committees, tutors, volunteers, and interns) and we are continuing to grow at a rapid rate. While this growth is an exciting indication of how our mission and vision resonate with the local communities, it has also created some communication and management issues. Because we strive to keep humanity at the forefront of our growing organization’s operations, the Executive Director and Operations Director are looking for a Staff Manager to oversee various aspects of the logistics of managing the staff .
The Staff Manager will be responsible for:
- Communication with the staff, including delivering tasks delegated by the Directors verbally and in writing to the specified people in a manner that best motivates and inspires them to complete the assigned tasks by the given deadline
- Managing the staff, including guiding them through their development, giving constructive feedback, and ensuring they are meeting their goals and deadlines
- Acting as a buffer between the staff and the Directors by providing recommendations to improve teamwork, efficiency, and job satisfaction
The Staff Manager ought to have the following soft skills:
- Communication skills that include empathy, emotional intelligence, and a personalized approach
- Management skills that include problem-solving, time management, and operation oversight
- The ability to work autonomously using critical thinking and organizational strategies
Because this Staff Manager position requires getting to know the staff on a deeper level, we are asking for a 1 year commitment of 5 hours per week.
About Educate. Radiate. Elevate.
651 S Wells St, 504, CHICAGO, IL 60607, US
Educate. Radiate. Elevate.’s mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
Educate. Radiate. Elevate.’s purpose is to strengthen the educational achievement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) students who are facing economic hardship by providing them with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 5-10 hours per week for 1 year