We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Home Start Inc. has 4 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
URGENT NEED: Communities in Action Office Support
ORGANIZATION: Home Start Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Home Start is a non-profit social services agency located in San Diego, California. We are committed to a community-based collaborative effort to reach children and families at risk in order to prevent child abuse and neglect. Our dedicated staff work on the front lines each day to keep children safe and provide supportive services to families and communities in need.
Home Start is seeking an organized, dependable volunteer to provide administrative support to our Communities in Action Program, located on-site at the Jacobs Center. Volunteers track client interest, referral calls, and provide basic administrative support for 5-10 hours each week during standard business hours. This opportunity assists Communities in Action staff help families move toward safety, empowerment and connection by providing tools and increasing options for self-determination, financial independence, and healthy choices. This volunteer will work directly with Home Start clients and will be supervised by the Communities in Action Program Manager. This position is a great opportunity to grow experience in administration, while supporting Home Start’s mission to prevent child abuse and neglect. Administrative experience preferred.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date organization files, records, and documentation.
- Meet clients at entry to site and walk them to CinA office.
- Answer main phone line and direct callers to the appropriate person, program, or department.
- Maintain client files and completes data entry, including copying and filing documents.
- Return calls left with voicemail messages and follow up with clients to determine needs.
- Maintain inventory and records supplies that need to be reordered.
- Ensure proper workplace sanitation and assist with light cleaning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Joe & Vi Jacobs Center, 404 Euclid Avenue #328. San Diego, CA 92114.
- Volunteer shifts available during regular business hours only.
Education and Experience:
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking highly preferred, but not required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to escort clients from site entry to main office.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
About Home Start Inc.
5005 Texas Street, #203, San Diego, CA 92108, US
Home Start exists to assure the safety and resiliency of children by strengthening families and their communities throughout San Diego.
Home Start is a non-profit social services agency located in San Diego, California. We are committed to a community-based collaborative effort to reach children and families at risk in order to prevent child abuse and neglect. Our dedicated staff work on the front lines each day in the battle to keep children safe and help them thrive. To learn more please visit our website at www.home-start.org.
404 Euclid Avenue#328San Diego, CA 92114
May 24, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible based on volunteer availability, ideally 5-10 hours weekly.