1 person is interested
Board of Directors, Elected Officers
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter of the California Native Plant Society serves the 107 members of the Society residing in Solano County and is seeking volunteers willing to be listed on the ballot to serve as Vice President and Secretary. Member of the Chapter will be electing officers in January 2023 to service one-year terms. The positions of Vice President and Secretary will report to an all-volunteer Board of Directors that has seven members.
Duties of the Vice President shall:
- Exercise the functions of the President during the absence or disability of the
- Represent the Chapter at Chapter Council meetings, as directed by President;
- Work to integrate the CNPS Strategic Plan with the goals and objectives of
the Chapter; and,
- Have such powers and discharge such duties as may be assigned to them
from time to time by the President of Board of Directors.
The Secretary of the Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Keeping the files of all correspondence and a record of Chapter meetings and other documents on CNPS organizational electronic drives;
- Preparing and submitting an Annual Report (it is a 4-page form) to the state organization the Chapter’s activities for the past year;
- Keep a record of the actions at all business meetings of the Board of Directors or of the general membership. There are four to five two-hour meetings annually. The record of actions taken is typically two or three pages;
- Oversee the election of Chapter Board of Directors. We use Survey Monkey to send out the ballots to most members. 20 members that don’t want email communications receive a postcard ballot;
- Confirm membership has notifications on elections of officers and conduct such annual elections. Emails and postcards are sent to members describing the slate of officers and the date of the election; and,
- Perform whatever similar duties may be assigned by the President or the Board of Directors.
The ideal volunteer for these position would live in or near Solano County and, if not a member, be willing to become a member of the California Native Plant Society. Expect to dedicate up to 100 hours annually, throughout the year. All volunteer hours, except the meetings of the Board of Directors, are scheduled by the volunteer. The volunteer will receive training during the first year serving in this position, and should be able to work from home since the Chapter does not maintain dedicated office space.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY - Willis Linn Jepson Chapter
PO Box 1091, Benicia, CA 94510, US
The mission of CNPS is to conserve California native plants and their natural habitats, and increase understanding, appreciation, and horticultural use of native plants. Our vision includes a future where: ... CNPS's leadership influences personal ethics and actions, as well as public policy for native plant protection.
The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is a statewide non-profit organization of amateurs and professionals with a common interest in California's native plants. Our nearly 10,000 members work to promote native plant appreciation, research, education, and conservation through our five statewide programs and 34 regional chapters in California. The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter is an all-volunteer organization that serves Society members who reside in Solano County. The groups meets a minimum of twice a year and typically offers several hikes or tours throughout the year at destinations that feature native plants. The Chapter has fall and spring plant sales that feature native plants grown at the its nursery in Vallejo. Proceeds from these plant sales support native plant conservation activities in Solano County.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 23, 2022
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 100 hours annually