3 people are interested
Board of Directors
ORGANIZATION: Lupus Foundation of Northern California
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
LUPUS FOUNDATION OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
The Lupus Foundation of Northern California is searching to add new Board Members. Do you have a family member who has lupus or an Auto-Immune disease or are you looking for a way to make a difference in people lives? Join our board!
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO/executive director
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring LFNC’s programs and services
- enhancing LFNC’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of LFNC
Each individual board member is expected to:
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation with a goal to raise or donate at least $5000
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings (minimum of 75% attendance)
- participate fully in one or more committees
- attend major fundraising events (Gala and 5K)
About Lupus Foundation of Northern California
2635 North First Street, Suite 211, San Jose, CA 95134, US
With a mission to improve lives impacted by lupus, the Lupus Foundation of Northern California has served the lupus community for more than 40 years.
Dedicated to serving an ethnically and economically diverse population and to providing the widest possible access to services, the Lupus Foundation of Northern California offers programs designed to meet both social and educational needs of patients and their families in English and Spanish, both in-person and online. Focused on those living with lupus as well as on research and advocacy to find a cure, we are proud to be the voice of the northern California lupus community of patients, families, friends and caregivers. Our Mission is to be a premier source of information on lupus by providing programs and services designed to educate and increase the knowledge of those affected by lupus, promote lupus awareness, and support external lupus research efforts.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 21, 2022
- Attend regular board meetings; reviews monthly financial statements; participates in fundraising; participates in/manages committees; etc.)