ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Minnesota Dakotas Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Communications department. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility. Assist the Red Cross in delivering its mission by taking and sharing photos and/or video to showcase the Red Cross at work, both in disaster and non-disaster times.
**A minimum of 4 hours a month, depending on number and type of events covered.
Specifically looking for 1 volunteer who can cover the Minot, ND Sound the Alarm Event on May 14th
1 volunteer who can cover the Walworth Country Sound the Alarm Event on May 21st
More details about the two Sound the Alarm Events will be coming. If you cannot cover the event but are still interested in the position, you can still be part of the team.
- Collaborate with Communications Leadership to identify and carry out ways to tell the Red Cross story visually
- Take photos and/or video at events, trainings and disasters in accordance with Red Cross brand standards
- Capture portraits, candids and/or studio shots to tell the Red Cross story of service delivery
- Cull, edit, caption and upload your photos/video to online sharing accounts; share select photos in a timely manner (typically same day or within 24 hours) with chapter/regional communications leadership and the social media team
- Share photos/video on social media, when appropriate
- Coordinate with chapter social media leads to share your team's videos and photos on social media or Red Cross sites.
- Treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect - always obtaining required photo releases.
- Organize and deliver photo/video documentation, captions, quotes and photo releases.
- Work with communications team to identify daily priorities to share visual story.
- Deploy to the scene to seek out opportunities for photos/videos
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection.
- Willingness to carry vaccination card to work assignments.
About American Red Cross - Minnesota Dakotas Region
1201 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55454, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's providing care and comfort to one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, an ill or injured service member or veteran, or support to a military family, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Minot, ND 58701
March 21, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- **A minimum of 4 hours a month, depending on number and type of events covered.