Chapter Chair for Ulster SCORE
ORGANIZATION: Ulster SCORE
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for someone who would like to lead the Ulster Chapter of SCORE. SCORE is a non-profit organization supported by the Federal Small Business Association. There are hundreds of chapters throughout the country. The purpose of the organization is to foster the success of US small businesses through mentoring, workshops and online webinars. The Ulster chapter currently has 22 members. This includes 3 members who do administrative work. The rest of the members are mentors who work with small businesses in the local area and beyond.
The position would involve some leadership skills as well as knowledge of small businesses. The volunteer would be asked to network with businesses and other organizations in Ulster County, New York.
Currently there is a chapter chair and a co chair. The co-chair will remain in that position.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Manage the Monthly mentor meetings.
2. Manage the on-boarding of new volunteers
3. Manage all marketing endeavors for the chapter
4. Network with Small Business organizations in the local area
5. Coordinate with other chapters to produce and promote workshops
6. Manage the chapter statistics and use them to forward the work of the chapter
7. Communication as needed with the District Director
8. Attend the annual SCORE conference
9. Be willing to complete the SCORE on-boarding training and Code of Ethics.
About Ulster SCORE
SCORE-SUNY Ulster, PO Box 557 Room HAR 210, Stone Ridge, NY 12484, US
Strengthen small businesses, local communities and America by supporting our nation's proud heritage of entrepreneurs seeking opportunities and building success.
SCORE "Mentors to America’s Small Business Owners" is a national association dedicated to helping small business owners form and grow their businesses.
Multiple locations Kingston, NY 12401
May 23, 2022
- Executive Admin
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- The time is flexible. It can be between 2 hours and 10 hours per week depending on the demand and how the person wants to manage the chapter.
- Be flexible and able to empower volunteers who are not performing at a high level