ORGANIZATION: Climate Mobilization Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
Make a Difference for Economic and Environmental Justice
Housing & Climate Justice for Acton is a group of renters and condo residents who are organizing for housing rights and economic justice.
We face high housing costs, high utility bills, rent increases, and environmental health problems and safety hazards in our buildings. Since we launched last July, we have:
- Gotten the Town of Acton to create a renter hotline and a new staff working group to address renter needs
- Had seven policy proposals added to Acton’s Climate Action Plan Blueprint
- And launched a campaign for a Town Meeting article that will give renters and condo residents access to electric car charging.
We are still working for justice in our buildings and across Acton. As an outreach volunteer, you can be a key part of our work. You will work directly with HCJA’s staff and members to complete at least one two-hour outreach shift a week at a time that is convenient for you (weekdays, evenings, or weekends), or additional outreach hours if you wish.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interested in learning about and/or supporting economic and racial justice
- Comfortable carrying out an in-person volunteer role
To apply to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text (978) 238-9042.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Climate Mobilization Project
275 9th Street, Suite 150329, Brooklyn, NY 11215, US
To catalyze WW2 scale mobilization to reverse global warming and the ecological crisis in order to protect humanity and the living world.
We are an innovation lab that develops and launches policy frameworks, messaging, and organizing approaches to accelerate the global transition into "Emergency Mode" to address the climate emergency.
525 Massachusetts AvenueActon, MA 01720
March 19, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one 2-hour shift a week for at least 3 weeks. Additional hours are available for volunteers who would like to do more, including 2-hour, 3-hour and 4-hour shifts and/or multiple shifts a week.