5 people are interested
Youth Empowering Youth: Teen (13-18) Participants
ORGANIZATION: Low Entropy Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Youth Empowering Youth (YEY) is a leadership and personal development program and movement for youth. We are looking for teen participants, ages 13-18, to join our program consisting of nine 1.5-hour sessions. All our sessions are currently being held online via Zoom. Each class shares a new concept to help students take accountability for their thoughts, feelings, and actions, thus moving them into a place of confidence, security, and self-assurance. Learn more on our website here: https://lowentropy.org/programs/youth-empowering-youth/
Youth Empowering Youth: Teen Participants
(Virtual Opportunity - Volunteer from Home)
Here are the themes for each session:
Session 1 - Ripple Effect
Session 2 - Attitude Creates Your Life
Session 3 - The Moment You Stop Blaming, You Take Back your Power
Session 4 - Take Action! With small Steps
Session 5 - Fail Forward to Success
Session 6 - Drive Your Life with Powerful habits
Session 7 - Be a Student of Life
Session 8 - Momentum is Your Responsibility
Session 9 - Graduation & Next Steps
Youth Empowering Youth is a division of Low Entropy, a non-profit organization that is making personal growth accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with the tools to change themselves and the world.
What is the commitment for Teen Participants?
- Sign up for one of our upcoming Youth Empowering Youth Programs
- Must have guardian consent to participate
- Attend ALL 9 sessions of the program
- Be an active participant: try your best to speak up, add to the conversation, and comment in the chat
- Complete your "Life Folder" in order to receive a program Graduation Certificate
- The "Life Folder" consists of work that you do on your own time and includes activities such as writing out your goals, keeping a habit tracker, and more.
- Your Program Facilitators will let you know exactly what you will need to do to complete your "Life Folder"
What do Teen Participants gain?
- 15 Volunteer hours if you fulfill all commitments listed above; email Program Manager Ness Gale ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with your YEY Graduation Certificate, a written paragraph about what you have gotten out of this program, and how you are going to apply it to your life going forward
- Leadership and goal-setting skills
- Personal development
- Belong to a community of youth
- Include Graduation from this program on your resume
- Opportunity to apply to become a Facilitator (which can be a paid role if you meet certain requirements) or to continue volunteering with us
Who can be a Teen Participant?
- Must be between the ages of 13-18
- Must be able to access Zoom on a reliable device connected to Wi-Fi
How do I register?
Click here to register for one of our upcoming programs: https://linktr.ee/youthempoweringyouth
Make sure you choose a YOUTH program and NOT a CHILDREN’s program.
Don’t see a program that works with your schedule? Click here to sign up for our email list to be notified of new programs: https://lowentropy.org/youth-empowering-youth-group/
Please email email@example.com for this volunteer position.
About Low Entropy Foundation
#310 - 2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3C 3W4, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities. Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections. We believe that personal development should be available to all!
Since 2015, what started as a small gathering for like-minded individuals has blossomed into an expansive community of programs and individuals seeking to elevate their worldview. Today, the Low Entropy Foundation offers a wide variety of free services for adults, youth, and children to empower personal development and build authentic interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 18, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 13
- 15 hours in total