National Support Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Canadian Alopecia Areata Foundation
CANAAF's National Support Coordinator is responsible for improving CANAAF's support group network for Canadians with alopecia areata and is involved in volunteer coordination and training.
CANAAF is a Canadian registered charity that provides education, support, and essential resources to families impacted by alopecia areata. We are currently seeking volunteers to join our board of directors. As the Volunteer Support Coordinator, you will form lasting connections with a team of like-minded individuals while improving CANAAF’s support group network.
As a member of our Board of Directors, you will:
- Communicate with CANAAF Support Leaders and relay support group needs and concerns to the Board of Directors
- Organize regular meetings with support leaders and provide opportunities to voice feedback
- Assist in the growth of CANAAF’s support group network, by working to establish support groups in every province/territory in Canada
- Provide training documentation, training sessions, and ongoing guidance for new Support Leaders and Mentors
- Prepare group leaders for their positions, receive monthly updates, and address concerns and questions
- Attend monthly board meetings (via Zoom) and provide reports of monthly activity
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to assist in planning and organizing the CANAAF annual national summer conference
- Attend the annual national summer conference in Greater Toronto Area
- 1-2 years experience working with volunteers in the nonprofit sector
- Personal knowledge or experience with a form of alopecia. This can include family members or friends.
- experience in volunteer management, support group management, or social work considered an asset
- strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to develop and lead group training sessions
- Forward-thinker with a desire to enact change for families with alopecia areata
- Capable of setting priorities and manage workloads with minimal supervision
- Successful Vulnerable Sector Screening is required upon onboarding
Why Volunteer with CANAAF?
Community: CANAAF is not just a dedicated team. We’re a family that celebrates our alopecia journeys together.
Meaningful Work: Alopecia areata can have a serious psychosocial impact on a life. You can change someone’s for the better by being a supportive ally.
Flexibility: We have volunteer roles available in every province & territory in Canada, with time commitments that vary between a few hours a week to a few a month.
Personal Growth: One of the best ways to grow is by helping others. Many of our volunteers have seen themselves become more self-confident and supported since they started volunteering with CANAAF.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
227 Burton GroveKing City, ON L7B 1C7Canada
March 18, 2022