Parkinson Advisory Council
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Parkinson Canada
As a Member of the Parkinson Advisory Council, you bring your passion to make a difference for people affected by Parkinson’s. Your empathetic and compassionate approach to building community elevates the diverse perspectives of people affected by Parkinson’s. You are committed to Parkinson Canada’s mission and vision. As someone living with Parkinson’s, or with experience as a care partner of someone living with Parkinson’s, you bring your lived experience and expertise to the following responsibilities:
- Advise and make recommendations to the CEO on the development of new and/or existing programs, such as advocacy, programs and services, research, and fundraising.
- To inform Parkinson Canada on a patient engagement strategy for research, programs and services, advocacy, and fundraising, with the intent of strengthening Parkinson Canada’s engagement with the community.
- To promote the vision, mission, and initiatives of Parkinson Canada with the Parkinson community across Canada.
- To represent the PAC on additional internal Committees to ensure consistency and facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Additional responsibilities as agreed to.
What is needed to succeed in this role
- Lived experience as a person with Parkinson’s, or experience as a care partner of someone living with Parkinson’s
- Passionate and eager to make a difference for the Parkinson’s community in Canada
- Knowledge of Parkinson’s, networks, or connections within the Parkinson’s community
- Strategic thinker with the ability to cultivate strong partnerships that grow the brand and mission of Parkinson Canada
- Strong communication skills, including active listening
- Dependable, responsive, and respectful of multiple points of view
- Experience with or interest in the Canadian policy system, advocacy initiatives, or research and development, would be a strong asset
- Mentorship experience would be an asset
- Experience working with committees or advisory councils would be an asset
- Commitment to the principles of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity
Benefits for new Parkinson Advisory Council members
- Contribute to meaningful and lasting change for people living with Parkinson’s
- Deepen knowledge of patient engagement, research, advocacy, support and services, communication, digital engagement, and facilitation
- Develop new relationships with others living with Parkinson’s and care partners
- Impact Parkinson Canada’s brand and communications
- Engage regularly with Parkinson Canada’s President and CEO to provide advice and feedback
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
7093 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
4211 Yonge Street316Toronto, ON M2P 2A9Canada
August 1, 2022