Camp Courage / Camp Courage - Teens: Camp Counselors Needed!
ORGANIZATION: Annie's Hope
Please visit the new page to apply.
Annie’s Hope - The Center for Grieving Kids is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive support services to children, teens and their families who are grieving a death. Each year,
Annie’s Hope serves over 3,600 kids and families through ten unique programs. Camp Courage is the organization’s summer camp program, and annually serves nearly 175 kids via two five-day, four-night camps. Volunteers serve as Camp Counselors and have a direct relationship to the number of bereaved kids we can invite to join us at Camp. Each year we especially have a great need for male volunteers. Can you help us ensure no child grieves alone this summer?
Camp Counselors work as a member of the Camp Courage team, joining Assistant Directors and Nurses in serving the kids who join us for the Camp experience. Cabin Counselors are assigned a cabin of campers and oversee their day-to-day activities and safety. Activities Counselors are assigned to support various areas, tasks, or activities - such as arts and crafts. All volunteers facilitate an energetic, fun, joyful, safe, and welcome environment. One’s presence as a volunteer sends the message that kids’ grief matters.
- Camp Counselors may volunteer for one or two weeks of Camp.
- Camp Courage serves kids ages 6 - 10. The volunteer commitment is Saturday, June 3rd - Friday, June 9 th. Training takes place Saturday & Sunday; campers are present Monday, June 5 th - Friday, June 9 th.
- Camp Courage - Teens serves youth ages 11 - 18. The volunteer commitment is Saturday, June 10 th - Friday, June 16 th. Training takes place Saturday & Sunday; campers are present Monday, June 12 th - Friday, June 16 th.
- Willingness and ability to convey warmth, compassion, respect, and nonjudgment
- Willingness and ability to work with campers and other volunteers from a broad range of backgrounds, grieving deaths of various causes
- Ability to be flexible in consistently changing environments
- Must be a team player and leader
- No experience as a social worker, counselor, or major in a social service profession is required. Some of our greatest counselors have represented the nursing, education, child life, outdoor education, physical education, and business disciplines. No matter the course of study, a volunteer experience with Camp Courage is sure to inform one’s educational and professional work.
To apply to be a volunteer camp counselor, please complete a volunteer application
found at www.annieshope.org/programs or call (314) 965-5015.
All volunteers must complete an interview for consideration as a Camp Counselor.
Dittmer, MO 63023
Annie’s Hope - The Center for Grieving Kids
1333 W. Lockwood, Suite 104 · Glendale, MO 63122
(314) 965-5015 · www.annieshope.org
About Annie's Hope
1333 W LOCKWOOD AVE, Suite 104, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63122, US
Annie's Hope provides comprehensive support services for children, teens and their families who are grieving a death.
We offer facilitated support programs that improve the mental health and physical well-being of grieving children throughout the St. Louis region. Our support services combat school failure, depression and risk-taking behaviors by normalizing the grieving process, providing a forum for exploring grief without judgment, connecting grievers with peers who understand their pain and introducing positive coping strategies. Programs of Annie’s Hope are offered to grieving children ages 3 to 18. Services include (1) Family Support Groups; (2) School Support and Education (three components: in-school support groups, professional education and crisis intervention); (3) Camp Courage and Camp Courage - Teens (overnight camps for grieving children and teens); (4) Horizons (a family-centered, home-based anticipatory grief program); (5) weekend teen retreats; (6) speaker's institute; (7) family social events; (8) community resource library; (9) grief referral service; and (10) an annual Hope & Healing Gathering.
Annie's Hope1333 W. LockwoodSuite 104Glendale, MO 63122
January 17, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Camp Courage: Saturday, June 3rd – Friday, June 9th Camp Courage – Teens: Saturday, June 10th – Friday, June 16th