Moments Hospice Musical Volunteer - Green Bay, WI
ORGANIZATION: Moments Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you want to share your musical talents? Want to help our elders at the end of their life? COVID-19 took a big toll on our community and particularly our hospice patients and contributed to increased isolation for many people. We are looking for caring individuals to provide companionship visits with our hospice patients in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
We visit patients wherever they call home (skilled nursing facilities, assisted livings, private homes, apartments). Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice team approach by providing a supportive presence to patients, engaging patients and their loved ones in life review and reminiscing, offering respite to allow caregivers a break, and so much more!
Come be part of something wonderful and walk alongside our patients throughout their end of life journey. Please note all patient volunteers must be vaccinated for covid.
Volunteers can do some of the following:
- Visit a Veteran.
- Read the paper or a book to a patient.
- Share hobbies.
- Play & listen to soothing music.
- Talk to patients.
- Bring flowers from a garden.
- Share photos.
- Just sit quietly and be the gift of presence for them.
The benefits of being a Moments Hospice Volunteer include:
- Enhancing a volunteer’s sense of self-worth by befriending someone with great wisdom but a limited opportunity to share it.
- Giving the volunteer the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
- Meeting new people and gaining a different perspective on life.
Please apply online to get started! https://momentshospice.com/volunteer/
Contact Sally Newbury with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
142 More opportunities with Moments Hospice1 Review
About Moments Hospice
820 Lilac Drive No., Suite 210, Golden Valley, MN 55442, US
We aim to add value to patients and their families at the end-of-life, and assist them to create moments to remember.
Hospice is about living, about giving people access to what they need so they will have the best quality of life during a difficult time. Patients who choose hospice have made the decision, along with their families and doctors, to change cure goals for comfort goals. Hospice believes that through personalized services and a caring community, patients and their loved ones can obtain the necessary preparation for death so that it can be not merely a period of sorrow, but one which gives them deeper understanding of life.
Multiple locations Green Bay, WI 54301
January 18, 2023
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Brass Instrument
- String Instrument
- Wind Instrument
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month for at least 6 months
- US Citizen or permanent resident, & Covid vaccination