4 people are interested
Connect with the Foster Care Community - Become a Committee Member!
ORGANIZATION: Atlanta Angels
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Are you looking for a way to get involved in giving back to your community?
We are looking for dependable and passionate skill-based volunteers to join committees and help support children and families experiencing foster care. Sound like you? Perfect. Keep reading....
Atlanta Angels is an innovative nonprofit that seeks to change the way
children, youth and families experience the foster care system. We believe that if we
can get every child, youth, family in the foster care system in our programs, we have
a great chance of changing the world we live in.
Our fast-growing organization has a start-up mentality, but also a level of
professionalism and drive that is not found in most nonprofits. There is a LOT of
opportunity with our company and we are looking for creative, innovative
individuals to join committees to support our board and staff!
Current committee opportunities include:
- Grants Committee
- Will research, write, and apply for grants throughout the year, submit reports and maintain documentation for awarded grants. Must have good written communication and attention to detail, and be passionate about giving your time to a great cause - we’ll teach you the rest!
- Golf Tournament Committee
- Will plan and execute annual golf tournament, held in May
- Gala Committee
- Will plan and execute annual gala, held in November
- Programs Initiatives Committee
- Will plan, budget and execute special events/initiatives throughout the year including but not limited to Spring Fling, Back to School Drive and Holiday Love Box.
- Marketing Committee
- Will create and execute a marketing and communications plan for the year, advertise special events, manage social media (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter), create and deliver e-mail and direct mail communications, and manage public relations.
- Community Partners Committee
- Purpose is to find local businesses that will partner alongside Atlanta Angels. The Community Partners committee members will help find businesses that will make donations, become monthly supporters, and help find creative ways for businesses/churches/etc to more effectively help support the foster care community.
If you’re interested in serving on one or more of these committees, e-mail your resume and committee(s) of interest to Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org !
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Atlanta Angels
1072 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30357, US
To walk alongside children in the foster care system, as well as their caretakers, by offering consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building, and mentorship.
Atlanta Angels is a foster care non-profit that was created to help empower children and build sustainable foster homes. We are a community of people that walk alongside foster children and their caretakers by offering consistent support through intentional giving, relationship building and mentorship. Our solution to the foster care crisis are the Love Box family support program and Dare to Dream youth mentor programs. Our programs utilize a trauma-informed, wrap-around service model that strengthens relationships between foster families, youth in foster care, and bio families. Our volunteers are everyday people who meet practical needs while spending quality time with the whole family building positive community. They are changing the way kids and parents experience the foster care system. At Atlanta Angels we believe in the power of love and the value of friendship and positive role models for kids and youth in foster care. We want to connect people passionate about making a difference in the foster care community to our most vulnerable children and youth who have experienced neglect and abuse and the selfless parents who care for them.
Multiple locations Alpharetta, GA 30009
March 16, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- If you’re interested in serving on one or more of these committees, e-mail your resume and committee(s) of interest to Christie at email@example.com!