Internship on Advocacy & Engagement of the Private Sector, Bangkok Thailand
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Baan Dek Foundation
Internship on Advocacy & Engagement of the Private Sector
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 2,000 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and urban slums every year. Through tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, BDF protects at-risk children and enables families to become self-sustainable to provide opportunities for a better future.
BDF aims to create sustainable change in the construction sector to ensure the well-being of workers and their children in collaboration with the construction sector and other key stakeholders. In order to address issues commonly faced by construction workers and their children, BDF and UNICEF Thailand developed the Chiang Mai Framework for Action (CMFA) after a rigorous grounded theory research study, Building Futures in Thailandin 2018. The CMFA proposes 12 key recommendations to companies, for them to support migratory communities with access to public services, information, and relevant life skills. BDF encourages the construction sector to adopt these recommendations and to facilitate this process, has developed -- through a collaborative process with companies and beneficiaries-- and piloted tools that operationalize the CMFA, which includes merging child protection mechanisms into a business model. BDF has also worked on developing a business case, Social Return on Investment (SROI) value and is actively exploring incentives of key stakeholders to amplify wider CMFA uptake in the sector. Building on this evidence, the Director of Advocacy and Engagement seeks to further develop the stakeholder engagement strategy for the Thai construction sector and other key players.
Job Title: Intern Advisor on Advocacy & Engagement
Type of Contract: Full-time employment position for 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Or Student internship (3months)
Department: Engagement and Advocacy
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities of the advertised position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for an Intern interested to contribute to BDF’s overall mission and provide specialized support for children and their families who reside in construction site camps. The position will work under the direct supervision of BDF’s Systemic Impact Director, working closely with all the team of trainers & advisors. The main responsibilities of this role are provided below.
Role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Role and responsibilities include - but are not restricted to:
1. Closely follow BDF’s data analysis (M&E) for program and strategy development, and contribute to cultivating a learning culture
2. Support researches on SET & Sustainability Reporting
3. Participate in programmatic and strategic reporting in alignment with the Private Sector’s needs.
● Support in the promotion of a constructive and productive working environment among the team. Actively support information sharing, transparency, and dialogue among the staff and partners.
● Support the Management Team in day-to-day missions and projects. The Intern shall observe the organization’s values and objectives and will commit to facilitate all procedures and field activities to ensure the sound management of Baan Dek Foundation’s programs
Language requirements: Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English
Baan Dek Foundation
● Graduate qualifications (or a combination of undergraduate and relevant work experience) in a related discipline - social and community development, social work, social sciences, law or a similar discipline
● Strong interest in human/ child rights based approach and social development, experience of collaboration with the public sector would be good.
● Strong interest in collaboration with the private sector and corporate.. Knowledge on SDG’s, ESG’s, ROI, incentives for engagement of Private Sector is required.
● Experience with non-profit organizations or in the humanitarian sector is an asset
Other skills and competencies:
● Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, including experience in a cross-cultural environment and an international setting
● Stakeholder engagement skills and ability to collaborate effectively, including in cross-cultural or multicultural environments
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evenings
Salary & Compensation: Pro-bono Internship, WP and Visa provided.
How to Apply:
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via email to: email@example.com.
In the subject line of the email, please write
"Application for Internship Advocacy and Engagement - Your Name"
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The organization shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in advertisements for employment, recruitment and other conditions of employment, preventing discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To comply with BDF’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal record. Adhering to BDF’s policies means to comply with our Child Protection and Safeguarding, PSEA Policy, Anti-Corruption Policy.
Candidate’s applications whose profiles do not match this vacancy’s criteria but match criteria for other current or future vacancies will be kept in BDF’s CV database and will be redirected accordingly.
Closing date for applications: 15 th April 2022
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s projects is available at www.baandekfoundation.org. 4
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
กรุงเทพมหานคร, กรุงเทพมหานคร Thailand
March 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME