Foster Parent / Foster Home
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Alley Cats and AngelsFunction
Alley Cats and Angels’ capacity to save feline lives is directly dependent on the number of foster homes available.
Alley Cats and Angels’ fostering program is different than many other programs in that foster homes typically do not foster the same cat from intake to adoption. We rotate our cats and kittens on a regular basis - this helps with the socialization of the cat. Our foster coordinator works hard to match the right cat(s)/kitten(s) to the right foster home.Responsibilities
As a foster parent, you need to have the time to care for your foster kitties, giving them the time and attention to ensure that they are used humans. You may have to administer medications and monitor their health, weight, and temperature. You will want to become familiar with their individual personalities so that you can assist our adoption counselors in placing them in the best "forever" home. You may also be asked to provide additional personality information to potential adopters to help determine if your foster cats are a fit.
Foster Parent Responsibilities:
- Provide safe, clean, warm, indoor housing and care for cat(s) or kitten(s)
- Provide love, care, and socialization to the cats/kittens in your care; this is a very important responsibility and is also one of the most fun aspects of fostering
- Provide food and litter (these are considered a donation; please keep your receipts for tax purposes); we can provide food and litter when it is donated or in special circumstances
- Make cats available for adoption events - transporting to/from adoption events
Alley Cats and Angel Responsibilities:
- Provides training, guidance, and lots of moral support
- Pays medical bills and provides all necessary medications
- Provides adoption screenings and many adoption venue
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to transport foster cats to/from at least three adoption events per month
- Provide regular status updates on the cat/kitten
- Fostering is the cornerstone of our adoption program - it is vital to saving lives. The pure, simple, and sad reality is that if we do not have foster homes available, we cannot take in the cats that need our help.
- Fostering is not finding a cure for cancer or solving world hunger. Frankly, most people are not able to do those things, but almost anyone can foster!
- Foster homes are the bridge between what was and what can be. Foster parents are the pathway to a new life for the cats. Fostering provides an opportunity to grow, to heal, and to change lives. And for the live you give to the cats, you will receive it back - tenfold.
- For saving their lives, the cats will give you their hearts and their trust. And in return, you will give them yours knowing it might break when it is time for them to move on. But you have saved a life and another foster will come to learn, to live, and to love.
- There is nothing more rewarding than watching a cat come into its own and become a healthy, happy, and well-adjusted pet.
APPLY HERE: https://alleycatsandangels.wufoo.com/forms/w1opnoz10rmqsvh/
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 785Raleigh/Durham, NC 27502
March 15, 2022