Development (Fundraising) and Marketing Position
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Teen Readers Society
Teen Readers Society (TRS) a Santa Monica, California-based 501 (c) (3) nonprofit working to reverse the decline of reading rates among teenagers and leading book donations to underserved youth, including Afghan refugee youth and hospitalized teens, is accepting applications for volunteer positions.
We are a recently incorporated organization, with a strong and committed team. Our programs are one-of-a-kind and over the past two years, we have successfully forged partnerships with top-tier publishing companies, hospitals, and other organizations.
This year, we are embarking on taking our development, fundraising and marketing activities to the next level to propel our organization forward. A video with an overview of our activities is at https://teenreaderssociety.org/about/.
We are looking for curious, intelligent and creative self-starters interested in making a career in purpose-driven (non-profit) fundraising. Serious work ethic and a desire to learn are a must. Previous experience in fundraising or marketing are preferred, but not required.
On Overview of Activities:
- Working closely with our Development Manager, Head of Marketing and Executive Director, you will be managing grants and funding calendars and schedules to ensure timely submission of grant requests to foundations and a variety of grant-makers.
- You will be exploring avenues for corporate partnerships; conduct outreach to potential partners.
- Plan and design crowd-funding programs as well as merchandise sales programs.
- Design processes for regular communications and outreach to existing donors
- Plan and develop fundraising events, if and when events can be held safely.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be fluent in English
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Be in alignment with our mission
- Have deep interest in working with nonprofits
- Have excellent writing skills, cross-cultural awareness and interests
- Be empathetic, socially aware, and values driven with a strong work ethic
- Be a self-starter who is internally motivated and ready to explore off-the-beaten paths.
This is an unpaid position. We provide close mentoring and work with you to shape your experience and gain real-world experience that can be added to your portfolio and resume. We view TRS as a platform to connect your own personal interests and background to our work that ultimately advances our organization’s mission.
Though for the time being all work is done remotely, we are a team of supportive and collaborative individuals and we have managed to create a fun work environment.
More about the company at http://teenreaderssociety.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1319 Harvard StreetSuite FSanta Monica, CA 90404
March 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK