United for Kids Foundation USA Board of Ambassadors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: United for Kids Foundation
United for Kids Foundation (UKF) founded in 2002, is a volunteer-led non-profit organization registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission regime as an incorporated trustees’ entity. UKF is also registered as a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in the United Kingdom and the United States of America (501c3.) UKF is established exclusively for charitable, health, and educational activities targeted principally at children and families in need. Our goal is to create a vehicle that enables fortunate Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to apply their resources towards alleviating the unfortunate conditions of the less fortunate, sick, and orphaned children by providing them with necessary tools to overcome poverty, sickness, and illiteracy.
United for Kids Foundation Inc. Maryland USA exists solely and exclusively to provide fundraising, programming and development support to United for Kids Foundation Nigeria. The United for Kids Foundation U.S. board of ambassadors will manage UKF affairs in the United States and serve as a partner to UKF Nigeria. The U.S. BOA will create programs that enable the U.S. organization to achieve its mission. The U.S. BOA will maintain active communication and connection with the Nigerian organization through the UKF Nigeria management team to achieve the organizations’ joint purpose. Although the U.S. BOA will not be a governing body or have supervisory responsibilities over UKF Nigeria, it will serve as a partner and have an active role in designing programs, elevating the UKF brand locally and globally, and disburse all funds raised in the U.S. exclusively to UKF Nigeria for the execution of the United for Kids Foundation mission.
- Strategic planning in conjunction with UKF Nigeria management team
- Fundraising and resource development
- Elevating the UKF brand and message globally
- The inaugural board will draft the constitution of United for Kids Foundation Inc.
- Organizing an annual event (conference, ball/gala, AGM) every October to present a report of the prior year and plans for the next 12 months to donors. The event will also serve as a platform to create awareness, raise funds and swear in a new board of ambassadors.
- Receive programs report from, and meet with UKF Nigeria management on a monthly basis.
- Recruit and fill open board positions.
- Represent United for Kids Foundation in the United States of America.
- In addition to being a voting member of the board, the Treasurer and Financial Secretary shall be responsible for managing finance functions.
- Must be resident in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 20-years old by December 31, 2022.
- Must be a college student (undergraduate/graduate) or a recent graduate.
- Must be willing to commit to one full tenure, which varies according to position.
- Must be passionate about community service and African development.
- Experience living, schooling and/or working in Nigeria is strongly preferred.
- This is a volunteer (unpaid) appointment.
- The President and Vice President(s) shall serve for 4 years per term (maximum of 2 consecutive terms), other board members shall serve for 3 years per term (maximum of 2 consecutive terms).
How to apply
Interested candidates should upload a copy of their resume and complete the nomination form here on or before April 17th, 2022.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
2657 Annapolis RoadUnit G147Hanover, MD 21076
March 14, 2022