Auction Event Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
Auction Event Volunteers will support our Flying Colors: Benefit Art Auction on May 13, 2022. Volunteers can help with event prep before 6pm and/or staff the event from 6pm to 9pm.
● Help set up 100+ pieces of artwork, business cards and brochures, and artist statements for display
● Help set up tables and any event decorations
● Greet guests
● Answer questions from guests
● Inform guests about food and drink rules
● Pack up artwork at the end of the night
● Move to the staging area for checkout
● Assist staff with check out process
● Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
● Interest in the Museum & Theatre’s mission
● Act as an ambassador for the Museum & Theatre
● Excellent customer service skills
● Knowledge of the local art community is a plus
● Complete short introductory training with Volunteer Coordinator (1 to 2 hours)
● Complete short introductory training with Development Staff (1 to 2 hours)
● Event is May 13, 2022
● Set-up is from 12:30-5pm (shorter shifts are available)
● Event staffing is needed from 5:30-9:30pm (shorter shifts are available)
● Volunteers will be working on-site
● Masks required at all times while volunteering
● Free admission to the art auction event for volunteers working 3+ hours
● All volunteers working at least 2 hours will be given a 15+ min. Break
● Volunteers working 5 or more hours will get a 30 minute break
The Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine is an equal opportunity employer. We prioritize diversity amongst our team and leadership, and we strongly encourage people of all traditionally marginalized identities to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
We are committed to making our facilities and programs accessible and safe for all members of our community, staff, and volunteers. We are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website, building, and educational activities. Supervisors work collaboratively with employees to make accommodations and modifications to accommodate the employee’s needs, including physical changes, assistive technologies, accessible communications, and policy enhancements. In doing so, we adhere to the available standards and guidelines and, in many cases, go beyond the guidelines to uphold our philosophy that our staff should have a safe and welcoming work environment where they can learn and grow. For a full description of our facility’s accessibility, please visit: www.kitetails.org/accessibility
If interested, please fill out the volunteer application.
Please email all applications or questions to email@example.com. Please send in applications in a word or pdf document.
Please apply by April 15th.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
250 Thompsons Point RoadPortland, ME 04102
March 12, 2022