Student Recruitment Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: YOUNG DEBS INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate degree from an accredited college or university. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a means of transportation.
Work Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in recruitment, event coordination, or a related area and one year of experience in student services in a higher education setting.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working directly with the CEO and Executive Director to inform prospective students and parents about the programs.
- Assist in the formation of school, civic or faith based group partnerships in efforts to form pipeline programs for student participation and enrollment. This may include establishing meetings with school or civic group officials and leaders in which you and the executive director would actively participate in such meetings.
- Assist in the application process, service level agreements and enrollment for students
- Coordinate or help plan recruitment events and engage students, parents and potential partners at recruitment or community events
Applicants must have:
-Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication skills
-Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
-Serve as point-of-contact for new student recruitment inquiries
This is currently a volunteer position, however, there is the potential for stipend availability in the future.
About YOUNG DEBS INC
1400 W. Lombard St, Unit 607, Baltimore, MD 21223, US
Our mission is to establish a community for our students capable of helping them realize their potential and shape a brighter future by providing them with access to a tutor or mentor who supports their academic, social, and emotional growth.
Young Debs Inc focuses on promoting education as its priority, reinforcing self-respect and pride, and providing ladies and gentlemen with the confidence to face the world as refined upstanding young women and men. We served students in grades 3-12th and will accept first-year college students in the Baltimore metropolitan area. This is accomplished by exposing students to various cultural activities (e.g., theater trips, plays, symphonies, museums, movies, high tea, ice skating, etc.) and the performing arts. Our students participate in a yearly performing arts musical theatre production. We also offer group and one-on-one mentoring, tutoring, community service opportunities, and etiquette classes. Our students also gain interview and resume writing skills. The program typically runs from September/October through August (approximately 11-12 months).
We started this organization because many of our students in the Baltimore Metro area lacked a structured and positive outlets to expose them to the endless possibilities beyond what they could accomplish. Therefore, we founded Young Debs Inc to expose students to various cultural experiences, field trips (even out of state), and exposure to performing arts through ballet, tap, jazz, and modern dance. We have witnessed the positive outcomes of youth who participated in our program. We have seen students who were not performing well in school, having disciplinary problems at home and in school transform into well-rounded and successful students who entered college, trade school, or the military.
Multiple locations Baltimore, MD 21214
March 11, 2022
- Youth Services
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week
- Applicants must have: -Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication skills -Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; -Serve as point-of-contact for new student recruitment inquiries