1 person is interested
Event Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Mommie Support Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Event Support Volunteer will help to create a friendly and welcoming environment for the attendees of the Mommie Support Network groups. The group currently meets the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month. This volunteer will participate in a variety of tasks to include
- Pick up food for group meetings
- Sit out food and display with beautiful presentation
- Set up and arrange chairs for group meetings
- Help with break down and clean up
09:45 AM to 12:30 PM
The group currently meets 1st & 3rd Thursdays each month. May alternatively meet in the evenings on the same days.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mommie Support Network
106 W. Majestic Oak Lane, Georgetown, TX 78633, US
The Mommie Support Groups are encouraging, empowering, and responsive support groups for moms and moms to be. We transform lives through offering education and support to help moms make life choices and changes, find better jobs, and move forward in life, while breaking intergenerational cycles of poverty.
The Mommie Support Network Groups are encouraging, empowering, and responsive support groups for moms and moms to be in the Georgetown Housing Authority. We transform lives through offering education and support to help moms make life choices and changes, find better jobs, and move forward in life, while breaking intergenerational cycles of poverty.
The emotional health of parents is critical for well-functioning families and society. With a 15% - 20% post partum depression rate,or 800,000 new cases per year, the emotional and physical needs of mothers deserves focused attention. Whether she works at home or outside the home, whether she is married or single, the responsibilities of today's mother can be taxing to the point of exhaustion and even sickness if their basic needs go unmet.
Many moms are operating with emotional wells that are less than half full. This is true for single as well as moms with partners. When mom is emotionally unhealthy, the impact on the family is direct and palpable. Delayed child development is also an unfortunate casualty. MomCare Network helps mothers in 3 key areas:
1. Peer support
2. Networking with other mothers
3. Parenting education focusing on parenting efficacy and self-confidence
210 West 18th StreetGeorgetown, TX 78626
May 19, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours twice a month
- Be courteous and personable when working with moms Must be dependable and punctual Be self-directed, willing to take initiative and organized Respect & maintain confidentiality of moms, staff, volunteers Set up and arrange chairs for group