Mobile Produce Pantry Volunteer - Cicero Templo Laramie Corps
ORGANIZATION: The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be a part of serving the community through our food pantry!
The Mobile Produce Pantry Assistant will help to create a positive experience for pantry visitors. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Bagging fresh fruit and vegetables ahead of the distribution
- Greeting clients
- Ensuring guests receive the correct items
- Help with clean-up
Mobile Produce Pantry volunteers are needed the first Monday of each month from 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Ability to show kindness to everyone
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please contact Veronica Soto at (708)222-0177. You may also visit http://bttr.im/k50bm to start the application process.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
First Monday of the Month
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
2337 South Laramie AvenueCicero, IL 60804
December 5, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are available the first Monday of the month from 11am - 3pm. Whether you can help for one shift, or multiple, we are so grateful to our volunteers!
- Volunteers must be in good health and may be asked to take an on-site health screening including forehead temperature reading. Volunteers may need to complete on-line application, volunteer paperwork, and receive a (free) background check.