7 people are interested
Tweens & Technology Camp - Teach Python
ORGANIZATION: Tweens & Technology
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Our organization is able to help so many children learn technology at an early age because of our amazing volunteers!
Tweens & Technology is in need of volunteers to teach rising 5-8th students Python. We currently have a number of students who have completed the Intro to Python which has provided them with a foundation and we're in need to expand our volunteer team to help support learning objectives for the advanced Python concepts.
The camp will be virtual and scheduled for July 11 - 15, 9a-4p EST.
- Class size will not exceed 12 students.
- The learning management system to deliver the course is via Canvas.
- Volunteers for the morning, afternoon or full-day - 9a-12n shift, 1p - 4p shift, or 9a - 4p. The morning shift is instructional time, afternoon shift is supporting students as they apply what they've learned.
- The camp day includes mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks and a daily 45 min guest presenter. Guest presenters are cybersecurity professionals, tech leaders, and entrepreneurs.
We could not do what we do without the support of volunteers who generously give their time and passion. Kindly complete the volunteer form at https://www.tweensandtech.org/volunteer
Reach out to me to schedule a 15-minute chat via Zoom to learn more about this opportunity.
All the best,
Director, Programs & Operation
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Tweens & Technology
4208 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609, US
To create a fun STEM learning experience and utilize the tools of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math; promote collaboration and problem solving; our youth will be equipped with the skills required to succeed in higher education and the 21st-century workplace.
Tweens & Technology is a 501c3 Non Profit organization that is focused on three key initiatives.
> Early Adoption - We start training students on various aspects of technology as early as the third grade.
> Inclusion - We thrive on building an environment of diversity
> Support - We stay connected with our students through their first job and work them to pay it forward!
Tweens & Technology is a STEM learning experience and provides tech education throughout Raleigh/Durham, NC.
STEM programming includes:
> Tweens & Tech Saturday events for grades 3-8 at held throughout the Raleigh-Durham area.
> Python training workshops for rising 6-8 grade students.
> Annual 1-week full-day camp for rising 3rd to 8th grade.
> Camp opportunities are held in-person, in Garner, NC and online.
Learn more at www.tweensandtech.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 10, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer hours: 9am - 12noon | 1pm-4pm or 9am - 4pm (Eastern Standard Time)
- Knowledge of Python Syntax, Variables Conditionals Data Types For Loops Nesting While Loops