12 people are interested
Tweens & Technology Summer Camp 2023
ORGANIZATION: Tweens & Technology
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Our organization is able to help so many children learn technology at an early age because of our amazing volunteers!
Tweens & Technology is in need of volunteers to teach rising 4-6th students how to code.
- Rising 4th Graders: Block-Base Coding with Scratch
- Rising 5th Graders: Introduction to Lego Robotics
- Rising 6th Graders: Introduction to Python
The camp will be in-person at Garner Optimist 2110 Vandora Springs Rd, Garner NC
- Class size per level will not exceed 10 students.
- Volunteers needed for morning, afternoon, or full-day - 9a-12n shift, 1p - 4p shift, or 9a - 4p. The morning shift is instructional time, afternoon shift is supporting students as they apply what they've learned.
- The camp day includes mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks, outside team-building activities, and a guest presenter each day. Guest presenters are cybersecurity professionals, tech leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided.
We could not do what we do without the support of volunteers who generously give their time and passion. Kindly complete the volunteer form at https://www.tweensandtech.org/volunteer
We'll schedule a volunteer team meeting
You're welcome to reach out to me to schedule a 15-minute chat via Zoom to learn more about this opportunity.
All the best,
Director, Programs & Operation
More opportunities with Tweens & Technology
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Tweens & Technology
4208 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609, US
To create a fun STEM learning experience and utilize the tools of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math; promote collaboration and problem solving; our youth will be equipped with the skills required to succeed in higher education and the 21st-century workplace.
Tweens & Technology is a 501c3 Non Profit organization that is focused on three key initiatives.
> Early Adoption - We start training students on various aspects of technology as early as the third grade.
> Inclusion - We thrive on building an environment of diversity
> Support - We stay connected with our students through their first job and work with them to pay it forward!
Tweens & Technology is a STEM learning experience and provides tech education throughout Raleigh-Durham, NC, and virtual sessions.
STEM programming includes:
> Tweens & Tech Saturday events for grades 3-8 at held throughout the Raleigh-Durham area.
> Python training workshops for rising 6-8 grade students.
> Annual 1-week full-day camp for rising 4th to 6th grade.
> Camp opportunities are held in person at Garner Optimist, Garner, NC
Learn more at www.tweensandtech.org
2110 Vandora Springs RoadGarner, NC 27529
April 26, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer hours: 9 am - 4pm, 9 am - 12noon or 12noon -4 pm (Eastern Standard Time)
- Familiar with block base coding Scratch Familiar with Lego Robotics Knowledge of Python Syntax - Variables, - Conditionals - Data Types - For Loops - Nesting - While Loops