ORGANIZATION: The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you looking for an opportunity to share your guitar, ukulele, bass drum, and piano skills with youth in the community? Come volunteer with The Salvation Army!
- What: Be an instrumental part of The Salvation Army’s music program! Musicians are needed to teach instruments to students such as guitar, ukulele, bass drum, or piano.
Bilingual abilities are a plus!
- When: Shifts are flexible based on volunteer availability for weekdays after 3:00pm during the school year.
- Who: Healthy adults age 18+
To protect those we serve, The Salvation Army requires volunteers to complete a volunteer onboarding process including a confidential background check.
Sign up by contacting Captain Daniel Paredes at 773-257-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by registering online.
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
3621 West 24th StreetChicago, IL 60623
April 21, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Keyboard Instrument
- Percussion Instrument
- String Instrument
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This opportunity is flexible and shifts are available weekdays after 3:00pm.
- A confidential background check is required for all volunteers. A personal face covering may also be required.