Spring & Summer Storms are coming! Are you ready to help?
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
Shelter Associate responsibilities vary depending on assignment.
- May include providing support to one or more of the following areas within the shelter:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3.5 hours of training total)
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Varies based on event locationCox Creek, KY 40013
March 10, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Schedules allow you to volunteer when it works with your schedule. Nationally deployable opportunities require 14 day commitment. Training provided.