2 people are interested
Cultural Orientation Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities Atlanta
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
BENEFITS: Gain experience working in direct client services and in refugee services. Serve on a team of talented, passionate individuals. Work with a diverse population and learn about the plight of refugees. Learn more about CCA’s dynamic services.
- Assist with cultural orientations for recently arrived refugees
- Welcome clients to the orientation and be available to answer any questions
- May drive clients to and from cultural orientation location (if cleared to drive by CCA)
- Assist in set up and tear down of tables, chairs, and orientation supplies
- Assist in serving prepared lunches to attendees (food will be provided by CCA staff)
- Be available to provide childcare (on location) for clients with small children
The general responsibilities of this position include the responsibilities shared by all staff and volunteers of Catholic Charities Atlanta (CCA). These obligations include understanding and performing in accordance with the values of CCA; endeavoring to provide quality services to clients of CCA; striving to find new, efficient, effective and economical ways to perform tasks; performing job duties in a thorough, accurate and timely manner; cooperating with others in the team; meeting attendance and punctuality standards; conducting business in a professional, courteous and tactful manner; demonstrating respect for the privacy of clients and employees; taking precautions to prevent accidents; and embracing diversity and respect for the cultural differences among clients and other staff.
- Interest in working with diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible
- Must embrace diversity and respect cultural differences
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Be reasonably available on an on-call basis (1-2 weeks’ notice)
- Bilingual (Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Swahili, and/or Spanish preferred)
- Experience working in an intercultural setting and/or experience living abroad
PROGRAM & SUPERVISOR: Refugee Resettlement Services, Logistics & Support Specialist
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: CCA Volunteer Application Packet, VIRTUS, Sterling background check, Driver’s materials, Refugee 101, Trauma-Informed Care training
LOCATION : CCA Northlake office, and any orientation locations in and around Clarkston
TIME COMMITMENT : Approximately 10 hours per month (two orientations per month)
This position involves direct contact or work with children; a three hour VIRTUS training program is required and will be provided.
COMMENTS: This position is unpaid.
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
2305 Parklake Drive NEBuilding 9, Suite 150Atlanta, GA 30345
March 10, 2022
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a month (2 orientations/month)