Virtual DCF Parent Support Group Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Parents Helping Parents
Please visit the new page to apply.
This online parenting support group is for parents that are working with the Department of Children and Family Services. The facilitator will meet and speak with parents that are working through their action plans in hopes for reunification with their children. The groups are anonymous and confidential. The group will run on Tuesday's, the time is flexible depending on the facilitator's availability.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 12 hours of online training via Zoom.
- 6 month commitment to facilitating groups is required.
- Willingness to participate in monthly check in calls with staff.
- Willingness to collect and submit Quarterly Report and Annual Report data.
About Parents Helping Parents
108 Water Street, Watertown, MA 02472, US
Parents Helping Parents empowers parents to nurture their children and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents (PHP)'s prevention philosophy is grounded in a self-help model based on the belief that parents are capable of developing their own solutions when given the space, encouragement, and community resources that they need. Thus, it is the parents themselves who decide the direction a conversation will take during a Parent Support Group meeting or Parental Stress Line.
Through a combination of trust, mutual support, honesty, and collective wisdom, involvement with PHP can become the foundation for a parent's own personal growth and change.
Parents Helping Parents runs 2 services:
1. Parental Stress Line: a 24/7, free and anonymous helpline that provides telephone counseling and information and referral to parents (call: 1-800-632-8188). Once training is complete, volunteers generally take calls at home.
2. Parent Support Groups: network of free and anonymous support groups that meet in many locations throughout Massachusetts. (see a list of current groups on our website at www.parentshelpingparents.org)
108 Water StreetWatertown, MA 02472
April 19, 2022
- Please commit to 6 months - 1 year
- Submit attendance reports