17 people are interested
Client Care Team Volunteer - Food Bank
ORGANIZATION: Rainier Valley Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
RVFB Client Care Team: 4 openings
- Can be remote or in person at Rainier Valley Food Bank 9021 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA.
(volunteers working remotely will need a phone and access to the internet)
- Must pass background Check
- Individual training will be scheduled after sign-up
- Commitment: One 45 min training, then two shifts per month for the next 3 months. Each a maximum of 2 hours.
(more shifts are optional, and continuing on after three months is always appreciated)
- Tasks include: Calling clients to gather more information from them or answer their questions, referring clients and food guests to additional support services or additional food programs, documenting calls and referrals for RVFB staff.
- Tools/skills needed: Volunteers will use Trello (a website or app) to track calls that are made, if working remotely they will also use a dialing service so that their call appears to come from RVFB in Caller-ID. Reference documents will be provided as links in Google Docs. Volunteers will need strong cross-cultural communication skills, some comfort with technology, and availability during daytime or early evening hours (polite times to call folks).
- Preference for Bi/multilingual volunteers. Our clients speak: Cantonese, Vietnamese, Thai, Lao, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Somali, Arabic, Tagalog and more
About Rainier Valley Food Bank
9021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle, WA 98118, US
Nourish with good food, empower with knowledge, and serve with compassion.
We've been feeding to our hungry neighbors for more than 20 years. As one of Seattle's busiest food banks, we help nourish about 11,000 people most months. We are the only food bank in the heart of Rainier Valley, home to the nation's most ethnically diverse ZIP code and some of the city's lowest-income areas. We offer a rich variety of healthy, fresh and locally-sourced foods. Community donations account for more than half of our funding. Find out more at rvfb.org .
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 9, 2022
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 x 2hour shifts a month for 3 months
- Own phone and internet access if working remotely. Background check required.