DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Fundraising Committee Co-Chair
ORGANIZATION: L A U N C H FOR LIFE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
As Fundraising Committee Co-Chair, you will work together with our existing Fundraising Committee Co-Chair to help L.A.U.N.C.H. young men into adulthood with resilience, compassion and self-worth. Your role is fundamental to our effort - without great people helping us to build the necessary fundraising capital and sources, we cannot deliver our Mission.
Your role will be on a volunteer basis, estimated to require a typical time commitment of 6-8 hours per month.
Your specific role will be to work in collaboration with the Committee Co-Chair to:
- Engage with other Committee Chairs and Managing Director to define and update LAUNCH financial and resource needs in order to seek funding and donation sources.
- Identify, make contact with, and develop community, government, and private fundraising sources, and fundraising campaigns;
- Work with Managing Director to meet and provide outreach to large donors/sponsors.
- Develop tiered donor management system to manage donor partnerships, including to maintain a database/list of outreach, outcomes, write thank you notes; and manage prospective interest in order to nurture sustainable partnerships.
identify and assist write grant applications for funding;
- Coordinate with other Committee Chairs in the furtherance of fundraising objectives, such as coordinating with Marketing Chair to determine advertising requirements to support and push fundraising efforts, or publicize sponsors/donors.
- Recruit volunteers for their committee and must maintain at least 3 active committee members
- As Co-Chair, you may be required to attend LAUNCH Board Meetings (usually once every other month) to provide report back on Fundraising Committee outcomes.
About L A U N C H FOR LIFE
15706 NEW GALE DR, MIDLOTHIAN, VA 23112, US
Through our free 12 month male-led group mentoring program, our Mission is to empower and enable young men with who are in need of positive male role models to L.A.U.N.C.H into adulthood with resilience, compassion, and self-worth. Our work is informed by our commitment to inclusivity, quality, integrity, and our responsibility in promoting health and wellness within vulnerable populations. We believe that the right guidance and opportunity is needed to L.A.U.N.C.H young men into a successful future as positive role models themselves and contributing members of the community. Our core values are Leadership, Accountability, Unity, compassioN, Community and Honor (L.A.U.N.C.H). Compassion is our cornerstone value, which is why we call it out differently to our other values. Compassion is the essence of how we show up for our program and to the young men we support.
Our non-profit commenced in April 2021 to fill an identified need in our local community to support young men with absent fathers, or who need a positive male influence, and help them thrive. In August 2022, we commenced our first 12-month group mentoring program with 21 young men (aged 10-16 yrs). Our events operate with a minimum ratio of 4:1 (4 mentees to every mentor), because that's what research tells us is effective. Volunteers assist to pull events together and help them run smoothly. All events are curated to foster positive connections between the young men with mentors and peers. Events honor at least one L.A.U.N.C.H value and include small group discussions about values or life skills, e.g. a recent event featured a Self-Defense and de-escalation workshop.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 9, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Typically, your commitment will be around 6-8 hours each month.
- Orientation requirement is to ensure you are engaged in our program and offerings. Understanding what we do, and why will be critical to your success in the role.