2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities Atlanta
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Catholic Charities Atlanta is looking for volunteers to take refugee clients shopping at IRC's Shop of Hope. Volunteers will be need on an on-call basis on Thursdays between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Picking up clients at their home, and driving them to the IRC Shop of Hope
- Assist clients in picking out items (clothing, etc.) that fit their needs
- Filling out confirmation form and ensuring it gets to appropriate personnel
- Assist clients in carrying their items and loading them into the vehicle, and transporting them home
- A desire to volunteer with diverse populations
- Comfortable and willing to work in situations that may involve language barriers
- Must embrace diversity and respect cultural differences
- Must be flexible
- Good communication skills
- Basic money management skills
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingual (Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Swahili and/or Spanish preferred)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: CCA Volunteer Application Packet, VIRTUS, Sterling background check, Driver’s materials, Refugee 101, Trauma-Informed Care training. Note: This position involves direct contact or work with children; a three hour VIRTUS training program is required and will be provided.
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
2305 Parklake Drive NEBuilding 9, Suite 150Atlanta, GA 30345
March 9, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week