DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Member Engagement Service Project
ORGANIZATION: NORTHWEST NEIGHBORS NETWORK
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Member Engagement Project
Help Facilitate & Coordinate Events for Seniors in your community.
Northwest Neighbors Network (NNN) is a 501(c)3 non-profit serving the communities of Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Brier. NNN helps seniors in our region remain in their homes as long as they wish and to remain socially active and connected to their neighbors.
NNN is one of several hundred virtual villages across the U.S. that help seniors age well in their own homes by providing volunteer services and events.
NNN provides services such as basic home repairs, transportation to medical appointments, and even help changing a light bulb for seniors who wish to remain living in their own homes. In addition, NNN provides a large number of opportunities for social engagement, such as outdoor walks, groups that read books and discuss movies together, and phone and online connections, throughout and as we move beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Meet on phone and in person with members to gather Interests in prospective events within our community
- Report other needs that come up when speaking or meeting with members to appropriate staff/board members.
- Load new member-suggested Interests in in the NNN online platform
- Guide members through the navigation of the NNN website and how to update their profiles, interests and other information
- Utilize google forms for in person interviews and transfer data to the NNN platform.
- Communicate regularly with Outreach and Social Committee chairs to review upcoming events and activities (quarterly or as needed)
- Work with Social Interactions Project Volunteer as needed
- Work with Programs Manager and select Board members to help develop a system and protocol to facilitate one-on-one connections between members based on locality and common interest.
If you would like to set up a time to speak with an NNN representative about this project/service-work, please email Info@NorthwestNeighborsNetwork.org .
Do you want to Learn about the Northwest Neighbors Network ? Visit www.NorthwestNeighborsNetwork.org and Sign up to read our monthly community newsletter!
About NORTHWEST NEIGHBORS NETWORK
15214 AURORA AVE NORTH, SHORELINE, WA 98133, US
To promote a thriving intergenerational network of community volunteers and vetted support services that helps aging Northwest neighbors stay living in the comfort of their homes and participate in enriching social, educational and wellness activities.
The local communities of Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Lynnwood and Brier are among the multitude that are forming or have formed Aging-In-Place Villages worldwide. Northwest Neighbors Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation created using the model already in place in Northeast Seattle (N.E.S.T), Greenwood (PNA Village) and Capitol Hill (Wider Horizons) to help older adults (60+) remain in their homes and communities as they age. Village members pay dues, so the model becomes largely self-supporting once fully established. We are especially in need of volunteers in the key areas of member recruitment and retention, fundraising, forming strategic partnerships with businesses, and technical support. We are also looking for Board members with experience in the non-profit sector and providing services to seniors. To support or growing membership base, we're seeking enthusiastic volunteers for everything from running errands to handyman tasks to organizing social events, you name it!
Multiple locations Edmonds, WA 98026
May 6, 2022
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week