Teaching Fellows (AmeriCorps Positions)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps--Boston
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, AmeriCorps (NDMVA) is seeking Teaching Fellows to serve as a Full-time AmeriCorps Members at Epiphany School in Dorchester from September 2022-July 2023.
Epiphany is an independent school dedicated to providing excellent, tuition-free education to boys and girls of all faiths, from economically disadvantaged families from Boston. We are looking for recent college graduates who feel a commitment to the city, education, and children and are excited about the idea of working for a full-service school that is open 8am - 6pm. The teaching fellows’ primary responsibilities will be student teaching, running small reading groups, coaching sports, and assisting with a major area of school operations such as technology, student support, administration, etc. While it is recognized that the teaching fellows may have little or no teaching experience, the entire atmosphere is one of collaboration and mutual learning. Teaching fellows will participate in monthly professional development and will be paired with a mentor teacher who will meet with them weekly. If it is determined that teaching in an urban setting is what you are passionate about pursuing as a career, we may be able to support you in a second or third year where, in addition to serving as a teaching fellow, you may be accepted into a one year program to receive your master’s degree in education from Boston College. Epiphany has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in place that applies to all AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows for whom the vaccine is authorized under the FDA.
You can visit the Epiphany Website here
We invite applications from individuals who are over 18 and have work experience or a college education. A high school diploma is required unless the applicant is enrolled in a GED program while serving and completes his or her GED by the end of the year of service.
Applicants should also possess:
- The willingness to spend a year in the service of others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and work on a team.
- U.S. citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident.
- Commitment to serve as a full-time volunteer for 11 months.
AmeriCorps Member Benefits:
- Free housing in the Epiphany Units walking distance to the school
- Living Allowance: Because Notre Dame- AmeriCorps is partnered with the Corporation for National and Community Service, we are able to offer our members a yearly living allowance of approximately $16,500 which is distributed bi-weekly over the 11 months term.
- The Education Award: Upon completion of an 7 month service term, AmeriCorps members receive a taxable education award of approximately $6,500. The education award can be applied to qualified student loans or future education at a Title IV institution.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Members of NDA are eligible for forbearance of federal student loans during their term of service. This means that while a member is serving, he or she does not make payments on his or her qualifying loans. In addition, the National Trust will pay the interest that accrues on the loan at the end of the term of service.
- Optional Health Insurance: We provide optional healthcare while you serve with NDA.
- Child Care: NDA members may also be eligible for child care benefits. The AmeriCorps Child Care Program covers up to the state’s local market rate for child care fees and makes payments directly to the member’s caregiver.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
154 Centre StreetBoston, MA 02124
August 1, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME