Associate PR/Press Relations Managers
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Phinney's Friends
Phinney's believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Do you know any assignment editors, radio and/or TV producers, reporters, other local media professionals or social media influencers? If so, we'd love to talk to you! We are looking for volunteers with radio, TV, social media, and newspaper contacts here in Massachusetts to help our PR Manager with pitching story ideas about Phinney's to area editors, producers, and reporters.
The Associate PR/Press Relations Manager volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to: (1) help create and drive the strategy and communications efforts of an innovative animal welfare non-profit organization; (2) develop external advocacy and promotional communications; and (3) take part in insightful Communications Committee discussions with seasoned PR professionals.
The Public Relations Manager reports to the Communications Co-Chairs and works in collaboration with the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include collaborating with the Communications Committee to ensure the necessary support for:
- Newsletters and reports
- Website management and content
- Social media outreach
- Communications for programs and development
Qualifications and Expectations
- BA preferred (in Communications, Journalism, Marketing a plus, but not required)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate the mission and goals of Phinney’s Friends in an engaging, articulate, and accessible way
- Strategic and creative thinker, who knows how to imagine, create, implement and deliver with attention to every detail from look, to message, to timing
- Ability to analyze and translate complex concepts into interesting, compelling, clear, crisp, and concise written materials
- Strong project management & departmental management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects under deadline
- Team player
- Sense of humor
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Lincoln, MA 01773
May 16, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK