Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Migrant Alliance and Partnership Network
MAP Network is currently searching for a volunteer Executive Director to lead our organization. The person will be tasked with administrative and mission-focused duties such as coordinating meetings of our Leadership Team; further developing our outreach strategy and meeting with migrant service providers in the Boston area; overseeing the growth and development of the organization; and acting as a figurehead for the organization. This is an opportunity for new leadership to take what we have created over the last several years and make it their own, ushering the organization through continued growth and evolution.
- Strong interest and commitment to the mission
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate, collaborate with, and oversee a diverse team
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Experience with strategic thinking and planning and ability to guide the team through planning processes
- Experience with community outreach, building and maintaining interorganizational relationships, and communicating with people in a variety of roles
- A demonstrated understanding of migration issues and some level of knowledge of the political landscape within Boston
- Collaborative working style and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; current graduate student or master’s degree a plus
- Familiarity with immigrant and refugee serving organizations and/or immigrant and refugee communities in the Boston area strongly preferred
- Any combination of formal training/education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform position duties
- Grant writing, fundraising, strategic planning, and/or administration skills are a strong plus
Note: We understand that knowledge, experience, and abilities come from a variety of sources. Those who do not meet all of the listed qualifications but who have strong interest in the role are still encouraged to apply. We are looking for the right fit and the right combination of skills and experience and are not as concerned that potential candidates check every box.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead the monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the MAP Network’s networking, outreach, and communication initiatives
- Provide general guidance and feedback for the Research, Communications, Community Engagement and Events, and Fundraising/Grants teams
- Help plan and participate in organization events
- Meet with Leadership Team members each semester to review goals and accomplishments and to plan for upcoming activities
- Maintain ongoing communication with Leadership Team Members for project updates, collaboration, and support
- Contribute to strengthening relationships with and between other organizations
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to improve organizational processes and sustainability
- Mentor and supervise interns
Please note that MAP Network is volunteer-run, and this is a part-time, unpaid volunteer position. This opportunity is ideal for graduate students or other young professionals looking to gain leadership experience, or an established nonprofit professional looking to contribute to community work and support a developing nonprofit. As the Executive Director, we ask that you commit to at least a one-year term. This position requires approximately a 8-10 hr/week time commitment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8th.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 02125
March 8, 2022
- Public Advocacy