Director of Creative Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: GeekGirlConMission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.Reports To
Executive DirectorPositions Reporting To This One
Design Manager, Editorial Services Manager, Print Program Booklet PMJob Summary
Director of Creative Services is a high-level marketing role which leads a team of designers, writers, and PMs to champion the GeekGirlCon brand through editorial and creative excellence.
The Director of Creative Services develops and refines processes to create efficiencies within their teams and ensure all GeekGirlCon creative assets are held to the highest standard. Along with the Director of Digital Experiences, The Director of Creative Services sets goals for their department, defines target audiences, and defines metrics--driving toward improving engagement of GeekGirlCon branded campaigns.Responsibilities
- Defines the creative direction for GeekGirlCon’s design and editorial content.
- Leads the Creative Services department, developing creative concepts and keeping a high level eye on teams’ workflow.
- Ensures all GeekGirlCon creative and editorial assets are held to the highest standards for accuracy, branding, and creative excellence.
- Creates and fine tunes processes to ensure creative pipeline flows smoothly between Creative Service and other GeekGirlCon departments.
- Setup and refines processes and guidelines for all marketing campaigns for GeekGirlCon and ensures submission process is accessible for all staffers.
- Works with campaign owner and key stakeholders to identify success metrics and measures campaign effectiveness based on those metrics.
- Iterates and improves on existing marketing strategies based on past campaign data:
- Measures and tracks engagement.
- Records trends over time.
- Routinely analyze data, troubleshoot issues and identify solutions; proactively plan for contingencies.
- Prepare and deliver routine reports on campaign success for Executive Directors and the Board.
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Excellent marketing analytics skills.
- Professional experience leading print media projects or another role in a creative service industry (Marketing PM, Creative Producer, Editor, etc).
- Keen eye for design and editorial content.
- Has superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask.
- Exhibits a keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up.
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Familiarity with remote access tools such as Basecamp, Dropbox, Google Docs, etc
- High degree of flexibility.
- Portfolio of campaigns worked on.
- Minimum commitment of two convention cycles to this volunteer position.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98104
March 8, 2022