Eager volunteers are needed to help center staff increase the number of therapeutic and stimulating activities for our patients by taking the lead or assisting program staff with fun and exciting one-on-one or small group activities including:
- Arts & Crafts
- Puzzles, Card Games & Bingo
- Outdoor Games, such as Horseshoes, Mini-Golf & Beanbag Toss
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Times: Any time between the hours of 9:30-12:00 p.m. or 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Volunteers should be able to commit to one shift per week. Accommodations will be made for necessary absences (i.e. illness, vacation, appointments) and scheduling changes.
* Interested volunteers should have:
* Sense of humor
* Consistent schedule
* Minimum age: 14
*An interest in working with older adults is appreciated but not necessary
All Volunteers will be interviewed to ensure a proper fit with the agency and intended position. Volunteers will also receive an orientation prior to and on their first day of volunteering.
Volunteer supervision will be provided by an Activity Coordinator for all Activity Volunteers. Direct activity supervision may be provided by an Activity Coordinator, Program Aide or another staff member, as identified prior to the activity.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Elder care
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Grooming- Hair Stylist,...
- Volunteer Massage Therapist
- Spanish Activities Volunteer
- Administrative/Filing Volunteer
- Dining Room Assistant
- Lead Arts & Crafts Class
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Out Side Mucisian
- Volunteer Manicurist
- Patient Transition Specialist
- Activity Assistant at...
- After Hours Patient...
- Fieldtrip Assistant at...
- 2nd Annual Healthy Brain Fair
- Volunteer Meal Assistant
- Bingo Helper