132 people are interested
Summer Camp 2024 Volunteering Opportunity - Cupertino
ORGANIZATION: CalEdu Foundation | CalColor Academy
Please visit the new page to apply.
132 people are interested
Calling all artists and educators alike!
CalEdu Foundation (501c3 Non-Profit) and CalColor Academy are teaming up to offer exciting volunteer opportunities at summer art camps! Earn volunteer hours while having fun!
If you are personable, creative, and responsible, you are just what we're looking for!
You will have a memorable, fun, and artistic experience with our little art campers and teachers! You will get a chance to bond with the kids you are supervising; guiding them through their paintings, drawings, and crafting. You will make fun memories learning how to best assist kids to be creative and gain art skills. Responsibilities include assisting with projects, both in preparation and as a helper during lessons, as well as helping supervise lunch and snack breaks. You will also learn how to be a class leader under the guidance of our experienced teachers!
There are 6 CalColor locations to choose from :
- Belmont, 94002
- Mountain View, 94040
- Cupertino, 95014
- South San Jose, 95118
- Fremont, 94539
- Newark, 94560
There are three Shifts to choose from:
- Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Full Day)
- Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (1/2 Day AM)
- Mon - Fri 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm (1/2 Day PM)
- Must be at least 14 years of age, art skills preferred but not required
- Independent volunteers are preferred; parent involvement during the interview process & any communication is discouraged. We are looking for responsible volunteers able to handle correspondence themselves.
- Select "I want to Help" on VolunteerMatch, we will send you an email with the next steps
- Win Awards: CalEdu Participates in the Volunteer Presidents Service Award Program
- Unleash Creativity: Be part of an environment that values individual artistic voices.
- Community Enrichment: Contribute to our mission of enriching the community through visual arts education.
- Safe and Inclusive: Join a professional team dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and inclusive learning space.
- Community Service Hours: Get Community Service Hours Signed Off
Summer Camp Training:
Since we work with children it is important to learn about how we here at CalColor / CalEdu maintain high standards of both safety and enjoyment for our students. You will either have to join the training in person or you must watch the recorded training from home, and take a comprehension quiz if you cannot make the training. Teachers will not be able to fully train you in class as they will be focusing on their students, so please be sure to know how to assist at a baseline level before coming to camp. Even if you have volunteered with us before, our training does get updated yearly so this is still required for every volunteer.
- No cellphone use during volunteer hours, only lunch and break
- 1 week notice for cancelations
About CalEdu Foundation | CalColor Academy
Multiple Locations, in the Bay Area, Locations, CA 95014, US
CalEdu Foundation and CalColor Academy are teaming up to offer summer camp volunteer opportunities. CalEdu Foundation advocates Wholesome Education for every child in our community and provides educational resources for the next generation. CalColor Academy is a fine art school for youth age 4-18 years old that combines imaginative thinking and professional techniques through systematic and innovative curriculum design and dedicated teaching. Our mission is to inspire youth to cultivate an individual artistic voice and enrich our community through visual arts education, exhibitions, and lecture series. Our professional team is dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and inclusive learning environment for our students. CalColor Academy’s vision is to be a leader in innovative curriculum design and a model of excellence in visual arts teaching. We believe in the importance of art education in making a positive impact on society. Contact email@example.com for any additional questions.
CalEdu Foundation and CalColor Academy are teaming up to offer summer camp volunteer opportunities.
CalEdu Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization (EIN 84-2584990). We advocate Wholesome Education for every child in our community and provide educational resources for our next generation.
CalColor Academy is the largest professional art school with multiple campuses in Bay Area. We encourage and nurture creativity. We teach children solid fundamental art techniques and art history. CalColor offers professional art programs to children 4-18 years old. Our team develops a well-rounded, wholesome art curriculum for children of different age groups. In our classes, children will learn a very broad range of media and art forms including Pictorial Art (drawing, painting, sketch, watercolor), Spatial Art (clay sculpture, 3D art), Digital Art, Illustration, Design, and Comic Art.
10626 South De Anza BoulevardCupertino, CA 95014
February 18, 2024
- Visual Arts
- Child Development
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- There will be mandatory training before the camps begin, this will ensure everyone is ready and comfortable to take on their duties for the weeks they volunteer. If you cannot attend the training you can watch the recording and take the online test.