10 people are interested
Preschool Assistance - URGENT Need
ORGANIZATION: Oakland Family Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Volunteers in our preschool classroom’s open our children up to new ideas and possibilities. Through your involvement, you can share your culture, hobbies, special skills, etc. with our students and help our teachers implement developmentally appropriate ways of learning that ensure all our students are prepared for life beyond preschool.
Goals of Position
The preschool classrooms at Oakland Family Services offer a curriculum that focuses on each child’s natural curiosity and the teacher supporting the learning activity. Children learn best through our play-based model; however, in order to encourage all children to develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually, our teachers request volunteer support so they can provide one-on-one engagement in each child’s learning objectives. Because of volunteer assistance:
- Children in our center will receive emotional and social support from caring adults, encouraging healthy behaviors that will benefit them for their whole life.
- Students will broaden their world view by interacting with adults from different cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
To support the lead and/or assistant teacher in providing support to learning activities and outcomes.
- Assist with crafts, games, reading time and free play.
- Share your passion, knowledge, culture, etc. through fun presentations and activities.
- Help serve snacks and meals.
- Engage with children in developmentally appropriate activities and discussions.
- Other childcare tasks as assigned.
Time Commitment & Length of Appointment
Volunteers are requested to commit to at least one shift per month during the school year (October - June). Suggested shifts can occur any day, Monday-Thursday, between the hours of 9 am - 12 pm and/or 2 pm - 5 pm. After school is out for the summer, we will ask you to consider recommitting as a volunteer for the next school year, or ask if you want to continue to volunteer in our summer camp program.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19
- Complete paperwork and background checks, negative TB test
- Passion for providing educational opportunities to youth in the community.
- Interpersonal communications.
Training & Support
All volunteers will complete an interview and orientation process before starting to work in the classroom. On-going support and training will take place on the job and will be offered as needed outside of the classroom.
- Gain experience working with youth in a preschool setting.
- Receive agency newsletter and recognition in our annual report.
- Invitation to the annual volunteer recognition event.
- Meet like-minded community members, all while building brighter futures for individuals and families across Oakland County.
About Oakland Family Services
114 Orchard Lake Road, Pontiac, MI 48341, US
Providing individuals and families the opportunity to build brighter futures.
Oakland Family Services is a private, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) human service organization. Since 1921, Oakland Family Services has been dedicated to strengthening families by providing quality treatment, education and prevention services throughout SE Michigan.
1885 North Pontiac TrailWalled Lake, MI 48390
March 5, 2022
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are requested to commit to at least one shift per month during the school year (October – June). Suggested shifts can occur any day, Monday-Thursday, between the hours of 9 am – 12 pm and/or 2 pm – 5 pm
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination