20 people are interested
City Grazing is seeking members for our Board of Directors
ORGANIZATION: CITY GRAZING
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
If you are a strong fundraiser and passionate about changing our culture's attitudes towards the Earth and atmosphere we depend on, we need you.
Board Member General Responsibilities
- 3 year term
- Active role in fundraising: planning/resource identification/revenue streams
- Recruitment of future Board members
- Annual financial contribution "of personal significance,"
- Participation on at least one Committee
- General adherence to Board protocol and bylaws (agenda, meeting minutes, etc)
To create a community inspired by goats.
Sustainable land management and fire risk reduction through outreach, education, and implementation of goat grazing.
What are the issues we are trying to help alleviate?
- Climate change
- Disconnection from nature
- Growing ignorance of our place in the greater ecosystem
- What are City Grazing’s larger goals?
- Sustainable land management: Creating safe enclosures to focus goats on grazing areas to remove fire hazards and invasive weeds and brush.
- Enhancement of habitat
- Building healthy soil
- Bringing joy to people
- Giving back to our often-ignored communities
- Stimulating awareness of humanity’s connection to nature
- Helping people recognize animals’ needs and intelligence, and their similarity to us
What are our strategies?
- Bringing goats to grazing sites, large and small, public and private
- Educating through demonstration
- Hiring from our least-resourced communities, finding those with natural talent and helping them develop needed skills
- Continuing to grow our volunteer program
- Social media saturation
- Adopting goats and telling their stories
- Developing a long term vision plan
What are our current capabilities?
- 100 goats!
- Incredible individuals creating an amazing team
- Networking with workforce training programs to to source local talent
- Vital social media presence
- Strong volunteer program
- 10 years of sustainable land management experience
What are our progress indicators?
- Continued growth of operations, donors, subscribers, volunteers
- Healthy goats
- Job satisfaction of employees
- Vegetation shift from invasives to natives at annually recurring sites
- Soil development at recurring sites
- Increased organizational efficiency
About CITY GRAZING
100 CARGO WAY, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124, US
Sustainable land management and fire risk reduction via goat grazing.
City Grazing adopts retired dairy goats and other goats in need of a new home. We give them a new life as grazing goats. Our goat grazing program fights fires through risk reduction and provides sustainable land management, helping to eradicate invasive plants and support native California flora. We depend on our amazing team of volunteers and fundraisers to provide for the many needs and expenses of caring for 100 goats not covered by our grazing program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2023
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Group Facilitation
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training