3 people are interested
Make A Difference for Seniors (remote opportunity)
ORGANIZATION: MultiCare Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Do you enjoy talking with people? Are you compassionate and caring? Would you like to make a difference for seniors in your community from the comfort of your own home?
Volunteers with the MultiCare Senior Support Calls program provide provide a friendly voice, warm conversation and companionship for older adults through weekly phone calls. Having weekly social from volunteers can help combat feelings of loneliness and isolation, and make a real difference for the seniors in our community.
Could you take some time each week to make a senior’s day?
Comprehensive training and ongoing support will provide you with the tools needed to volunteer in a positive, meaningful way.
To learn more, please contact Kiyiana Lyles, Volunteer Program Coordinator: 253-459-6456
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 4, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We'll work with your schedule. Volunteers typically provide up to 4 hours a week, or 100 hours a year.
- Volunteers must pass a criminal background check. They must also complete the screening, training and reporting requirements to be able to volunteer with MultiCare.