Heart Gallery Venue Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: A Family For Every Child
Please visit the new page to apply.
JOB SUMMARY: The Heart Gallery is a traveling "art exhibit" of photographs of local and nationwide children who are currently in foster care and waiting to be adopted. Since A Family For Every Child was founded, more than 500 foster children have been featured in Heart Galleries, and more than 250 have found their forever families. AFFEC is looking for a volunteer who can contribute to the Heart Gallery Program by networking with prospective photographers and venues, as well as maintaining current relationships and displays. RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the intern/volunteer will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Statewide outreach for photographers and videographers.
- Statewide outreach for possible gallery venues, vendors, volunteers, etc.
- Statewide outreach for resources, including printing, frames, brochures, etc.
- Assist in organization of storage for frames, photos, etc.
- Research, outreach, and record data on Heart Galleries across the country.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and ability to work independently.
About A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Ave., Eugene, OR 97402, US
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
May 5, 2022
- SCHEDULE: Rotating star dates 6-9+ hours per week. 3-6 month commitment minimum.