1 person is interested
Photographer and Videographer Volunteer (ad-hoc)- Milton Keynes
ORGANIZATION: Spectrum Community Arts
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Spectrum Community Arts provides performing arts workshops for people with disabilities and additional needs. We aim to:
- Use the performing arts to help develop self-esteem, self-expression and build friendships.
- Give the participants a place they feel safe and a club to which they belong.
- Give the parent/carers an opportunity for a short period of respite.
Presenting high quality and professional media is essential for Spectrum’s profile, presence, and promotion. As a Photographer and/or Videographer Volunteer you can donate your time and skills in support of Spectrum Community Arts’ journey and documenting our members and activities. This role is on a voluntary ad-hoc/flexible basis and will require attending events and performances, and on occasion our weekly workshops, to capture and document our activities.
The images and videos you capture will then be used in our marketing and promotional materials to help promote our organisation. In addition to taking photos and videos, you will be responsible for the sorting and editing of those images/videos to send to our Media and Marketing Coordinator with whom, you’ll work closely with to produce short videos and images to market different organisation and project efforts. This is a great position for anyone looking to develop their photography/videography and editing skills and gain further physical hands-on experience, including those studying photography/media at college.
To apply for this role, you will be required to attend meetings, workshops, and events, and therefore must be in a position to travel in and around the Central Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire area. You will need to access to your own photography/videography equipment and editing systems/software. In addition, you will need access to a secure laptop/computer equipment with the capability to carry out video conferencing meetings.
On occasions we will ask if you can attend some of our weekly workshops to carry out photography/videography tasks. We currently run 7 different weekly workshops/clubs during term-time:
- SPECTRUM BEATS - Mondays 17:30 - 18:30 - The Chiltern School, Houghton Regis - A session for 7-14-year-olds, which is all about nurturing social, emotional and cognitive development, while making music together
- JUNIOR MOVERS - Tuesdays 18:00 - 19:00 - Vandyke Upper School, Leighton Buzzard - Dance club, building on routines each week as well as helping to develop self-esteem, teamwork and self-expression for 8-17-year-olds.
- ADULT MOVERS - Tuesdays 19:00 - 20:00 - Vandyke Upper School, Leighton Buzzard - A fun dance club learning new routines and helping develop friendships, communication skills and confidence for over 18s.
- MINI SENSORY MOVERS - Wednesdays - 17:00 - 18:00 - Astral Park Community Centre, Leighton Buzzard - A fun club using sensory props to explore music and movement, a place for 4-8-year-olds to be themselves!
- SENSORY MOVERS - Wednesdays - 18:15 - 19:15 - Astral Park Community Centre, Leighton Buzzard - A sensory movement to music club for or 8-17-year-olds.
- SENSORY PERFORMERS - Thursdays - 17:00 - 18:00 - Oxley Park Community Centre, Milton Keynes - A club for 7-17-year-olds using sensory props and activities to explore dance, drama and music
- PERFORMING ARTS CLUB - Thursdays - 18:00 - 19:00 - Oxley Park Community Centre, Milton Keynes - A fun club that helps 7-14-year-olds to develop their self-esteem and self-expression through dance, drama and singing!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attending our events, performances, and on occasion our weekly workshops to photograph and/or video key activities/moments
- Arranging props/materials for photoshoots
- Post-processing of images/videos, including cropping, colour corrections etc
- Collating all photos/videos taken after the event/photoshoot and sending them to the Media and Marketing team as soon as possible
- Producing and editing images and videos for use in marketing and media promotions
- Working closely with the Media and Marketing team to produce promotional videos and images to market different organisation and project efforts
- Ensuring you are always following our safeguarding policies; to safeguard both yourself and our participants
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience in both still and active photography
- Experience in videography
- Knowledge and experience in photography and videography editing and production
- Creativity skills with a good artistic eye and feel to produce great quality and beautiful images and videos
- Access to own photography/videography equipment and editing software
- Flexible availability
- Organised and reliable
- A professional, friendly, and outgoing manner
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow and meet deadlines
- Detail orientated
- Committed to our values
Volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to:
- make a difference to the lives of others
- meet new people and make new friends
- develop confidence and self-esteem
- feel valued and be part of a team
- develop new skills, knowledge and experience
- build on existing experience and knowledge
- improve employment prospects
- enhance a curriculum vitae (CV)
- gain accreditation
About Spectrum Community Arts
Unit 10, Leighton Industrial Park, Billington road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire LU7 4AJ, GB
To provide performing arts workshops for people with disabilities and additional needs. Spectrum Aims: - to provide performing arts workshops for people with disabilities and additional needs - to use the performing arts to help develop self-esteem, self expression and build friendships - to give the participants a place they feel safe and a club to which they belong - to give the parents/carers an opportunity for a short period of respite
Spectrum Community Arts is a registered 'Not for Profit’ organisation with charitable purposes. It was first set up in January 2017, launching in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom. Spectrum now services three key area with in-person workshops in Leighton Buzzard and Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. In addition to our in-person workshops we offer Virtual workshops making our services even more accessible to those up and down the country.
Spectrum Community Arts was set up with its principle aim to enable participants to develop their self-esteem and self-expression in a safe, encouraging environment, through the provision of performing arts workshops.
Milton KeynesMilton Keynes, United Kingdom
May 11, 2022
- Video Production
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The position is offered on a flexible and casual/ad-hoc basis with no fixed term or hours, allowing you to give as much or as little time as you want.